Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Fatima's POV

Uh-oh. Should I run for my life? It looks like I hit something... that should not even be seen.

"Then what?"

"Hm?" I look up to him, mind filled with bewilderment. I clearly heard what he said, but I am currently confused at the moment so I found myself looking away in the process.

"I'm asking you, girl, don't look away from me. What are you going to do even if I did cry?" He asked while walking forward towards me. Obviously, I'm going to back away. There's no way I'm letting him that close to me.

Ah shit. Maybe it's really better if I just leave.

"Y-you'are asking me what I'm going to do? S-screw your question!" I said - well almost yelled - still backing away even though he had already stopped walking towards me.

That's good. I'm relieved.

I put my right hand on the pocket of my skirt and in a swift move, I pull out my handkerchief there. And without thinking twice about my life, I throw that handkerchief on his face.

And as soon as it hit his face, I immediately turn around and run away from him.

'Wipe your snot, bastard!!' I really wanted to shout that to his face, but I don't have enough courage anymore. So I run as fast as I can. I didn't hear him calling back for me though, but I still run and run and run.

***

Soon, evening that night. I carefully think about all of his actions and words. Since I cannot push all of it in the back of my mind, I found myself trying to understand everything that just happened.

The first thing I noticed is, it is all connected with my family's conflict. Because I remember that time when he saw the picture of me and Mama together with...my father. Yes, my father who left us for another woman. I immediately noticed how his demeanor change in just a blink of an eye. Another one today, about him asking me what's my father's name. And to think that he will cry because of it.

Yeah, I don't have a proof that he's crying because of it, but I have a feeling that my thoughts were right.

"Hmm..." I close my eyes as I put both of my hands on the both side of my face. Deeply thinking about the situation.

"And I can clearly remember my father's mistress's last name...I know it's also a Rivera. So there's really a big chance, hmm..." I hummed, unsure of what I'm mumbling to myself.

I am totally unsure about the first name, but about the last name, there's no doubt about it. It's also Rivera.

So if I'm going to connect all of it. The man who married my mother, but soon left her for an another woman, must be Cole's biological mother.

Cole must have really loved his mother before...The fact that he's crying like that means he must be really hurt about it.

Well who would not?! Tsk.

I plopped myself down on my bed and stare at the ceiling of my room.

Today I witnessed something new. I witnessed something that I thought I will never see in my entire life.

Cole Rivera cried. And I saw that.