Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Fatima's POV

“What? Are you going to leave me now? Has your point of view of me changed into something like a monster or what?” Cole's shoulders perked up a little, saying those words and looking away from me. 

I know that right now, he's thinking that what he's saying is what's inside my head. But the truth is, all those words are really his thoughts and not mine. It was him, trying to put some words into my mouth.  

But I'll admit it. I am shocked and sad about what I have heard. This is not what I expected him to do. Killing...? Can Cole really do that?

If he really is, then I might just say that he is a clean-looking killer. 

I sighed loudly and decided to put all my weight on the back of the sofa. I rested my head on top of its backrest and stared up at the ceiling.

A long silence invaded the two of us. I don't mean to make him feel like a bad guy here. I don't want it either, but then all of this information gets into my head and I can't help but overthink. 

Actually, my heart is beating loudly and faster inside my chest. I don't know what to say to him. And I badly wanted to say something. 

I don't want this silence. It's quiet, yet it's so loud. It's hurting my ears. 

Tears started to prickle in the corner of my eyes. I turned to my side to look at Cole, and that's when my tears finally fell. I sobbed and reached for him using my right hand. 

He rushed towards my touch and started kissing my hand with a pained expression on his face.

Earlier, I was silently judging him. But I turn to him and look at him. Those thoughts just got blown away, and now I just wanted him on me. I just wanted Cole to be by my side forever.

I slightly tugged on Cole with my hand and he immediately came closer towards me. I let him lay his head down on my chest as I hugged his head while crying silently.

“Guess I can't leave you even if you become the most dangerous man in the entire universe.” I trailed off and sob into his hair.

“What can my anger and disappoinment do versus my feelings towards you? I love you Cole. So hard that I'm willing to be blind.”

I told him, and just like that, the two of us eventually fell into a slumber out of tiredness. Both of us got knocked out while crying without noticing it. 

***

“You said that you're a leader of an organization, right?” I asked, as Cole and I were currently laying on his bed inside his room. Both of us fell asleep in his living room earlier. And when we woke up, it was already 7:00 pm in the evening. 

“Hm, yes...” He answered. We're both just lying flat on his bed. I was staring at the ceiling and he's currently playing with my fingers.  

“Then you must have your own hideout, 'no?” I diverted my gaze towards him and gave him a curious look. His forehead creased as he stopped what he was doing earlier and now was looking at me. 

“I don't like that curious look on your face, Fatima.” He firmly said, in a warning tone, as he started moving. He lifted his body up from the bed, and now he's already sitting. I did the same. 

I purse my lips and scratch the back of my head. “You caught me. I'm actually planning on telling you to show me your hideout if you guys have one...” I said and shrugged my shoulders in the end.