Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Cole's POV

I immediately left the bench we were sitting on to buy water. I don't know, but I have this feeling that I need to go back there immediately.

When I saw a store inside the amusement park, I immediately bought two bottles of water and a large cup of fries. I know she's dieting, but should it always be like this? Do we always not eat every time we have a date?

doing all those things when she doesn't even have to.

I hurried back to the bench we were sitting on, but I saw her holding a piece of paper and seemingly restless, looking around.

With a wide smile, I walked over to her. When she saw me, she immediately hid the paper she was holding and then tried to smile at me.

My forehead creased in confusion. That's why I immediately asked her about it.

"What's that?" I asked. "A-ah! It's nothing at all. Hehe, where's my water?" She obviously changed the subject, so I didn't bother to ask her further. I just handed her the water and laid out the fries in front of her.

"Eat that. You've been eating less these past few days. You know, dieting is not just all about skipping meals, right? It's a balanced diet. So finish that or else I'll get mad." I said with a serious smile on my face.

She looked at me awkwardly, but then nodded her head in the end. I snickered at her reaction, which made her look at me.

"Oh? Did you find something amusing?" She asked with a poker face. I cleared my throat and stopped myself from chuckling anymore.

"You are crazy." She mumbled to herself before eating some of the fries. As I was watching her eating, my mind wander about her earlier's action. What is that piece of paper and why is she hiding it from me?

"Say, Fatima. Is there something that's bothering you?" I asked after awhile. "H-huh? What do you mean?" she asked but she never let me meet her eyes.

"I saw you earlier, you look like you're looking for someone or something." I stated with a serious tone. "M-me? I'm not though! I told you, it's nothing..." She trailed off, and that made me feel that something was really wrong.

I sigh. "Are you tired? Do you want to go home already?" I worriedly asked and she gave me faint but genuine smile. "Can I?" I almost rolled my eyes at her question, but nodded my head anyway. If she was tired, she could have just told me.

I guess she is still not that comfortable around me yet. Maybe we need to go out for some more dates.

"Of course." I smiled at her and then helped her to my car. Maybe she was just really tired.

While we were in the car, I couldn't help but wonder what was really bothering her.

"Fatima," I called for her attention. I'm really worried, but I can't do anything if she's still not ready to tell me about it. "Hmm?" She turned to me and seemed to be waiting for me to say something.

"If you have a problem, I'm always here. You don't have to shoulder them alone, do you understand?" I looked at her for a moment before turning my gaze back to the road.