Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Fatima's POV

When I woke up in the morning, I immediately heard the ringing of my cellphone. But since there is a school today, I prefer to do my preparation and morning routine.

And after I ate, I was in our living room waiting for Cole to arrive. That's when I decided to check my phone.

It's all messages from an unknown number. Unknown number. Who is this?

In any case, because of curiosity, I just continue and look at all the messages the unknown person sent to me.

And once my eyes landed on the pictures the unknown number sent, my forehead immediately creased as my eyes narrowed at the pictures.

I don't know what to say. My mouth keep shut as I stared at the pictures. I don't also know if the pictures were all edited, but from what I can see, it is not and it is a real deal.

It's Cole with a girl. Both of them are in front of the door of his house and he seems like he's welcoming the girl inside. But he has a scowl on his face.

I was still trying to process the pictures until a sentence of text got caught in my eyes.

Unknown number:

He's cheating.

But what if the sentence said, but... I don't think so. Yeah, Cole didn't mention this to me last night. Hell, I don't even know if it was really last night. What if it was already from before?

But thinking about that now, it suddenly bothers me.

I let out an exasperated sigh and decided to walk myself towards the school today.

I hope this isn't true.

I saved the picture on my gallery before blocking the number that had just texted me.

I was frowning the entire way to school. My head is in a swirl of thoughts. I don't know what to think of anymore. I just hope that this case was not worse. Cole was a playboy even in the past, and finding out that he's cheating on me right now should not shock me anymore.

That's what I thought. Before, but now? After all that we've been through, I can't help but be paranoid and think that someone might have just set us up.

Once I arrive inside the classroom, Zaalia and Brayden immediately come towards me. They sat on either side of me, acting as if they were protecting me from somebody.

I was confused at first, but then both of us immediately told me that they saw the picture. Actually, the picture was already spread throughout the whole campus. They found it out through it, and that's when I realized... someone must have set us up really.

But then, where is that damn guy?

I already read his texts this morning but haven't replied to anything yet. Because I wanted to talk to him in person.

"Cole's here." Zaalia whispered into my ears, and I immediately raised my head, expecting the gaze of my boyfriend. The man didn't disappoint me and immediately made his way towards me.

Except, Stacey was behind him. Her nose is red, her eyes are puffy, and she has a large red palm mark on the side of her other cheek. Damn, who did that to her?