Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Jonas's POV

I am here at the bar. I can't put it properly into words, but Stacey and I have been having a misunderstanding these past few days.

Stacey... I felt like she just suddenly changed into someone that I couldn't read. I tried to ask her if there was any problem, but she's always ignored my questions.

And then one day, perhaps out of frustration, she just suddenly snapped at me. To the point that she even shouted at me.

She said that all of her friends were always laughing at her because of me. That's why I've been limiting her to having some time alone with her friends. But all I really wanted was for her to be safe. Did I really go overboard this time? Am I really that one who's in the wrong? 

That night, after our argument, I tried to talk things out with her. Of course, I can't just let her sleep with a heavy heart. But then she's the one who already rubbed it in my face that she needed space.

I felt myself breaking into pieces. Yes, she did not say that we should break up. But space? That word gives me nightmares. Hahaha. 

Why does it always have to be like this? Every time I walk into a relationship, I'm always the one who is just an option. An option that will just be picked if there are no other choices.

Damnit.

I quickly gulped down the rest of my wine and also quickly exited that area. I got inside my car and immediately started it and drove away quickly from the bar. 

I glare at the road as if it's all to blame. I'm all alone now. Fatima and I are still not good. Stacey needs space. Damn it. I really messed up, huh?

When I reached a dark and uncrowded place, I immediately parked on the side of the road.

I got out of my car clumsily and started screaming as soon as I slammed the door shut. 

“AHHHHH!!” When I felt a sharp pain in my throat, I just knelt on the ground while my tears continued to flow. I know she just asked for space, but why does it seem to me we don’t have a relationship anymore?

“I-I'm tired.” I just unconsciously blew those words into the air.

“Then rest...” I was startled a little, once I heard that familiar voice. The voice that was once my favorite sound. I slowly looked up and our eyes met. 

“M-mila...”

***

Mila's POV

“Thanks for accompanying me, hubby.”  I rested my head on his shoulder. “No problem. Wherever you want to go, just tell me and I will accompany you.“ I smile at his words.

But it was only a matter of time before the two of us were distracted by a car that suddenly stopped on the dark side of the road.

Later, the owner got out of the car and shouted. The fuck is the problem of this man? He ruined our moment!

Calyx stop his car silently. We just watched him cry but the annoyance I was feeling earlier was replaced by guilt and seemed to be caressing my heart.