Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Cole's POV

Almost all of Dad's employees were staring at Fatima and I, as we walked down the hallway toward the restaurant right here inside the company.

Since my father is kind of old already and it is a bit difficult for him to go back and forth to different restaurants, he decided to just build a restaurant within his company.

When we got inside his restaurant, we caught him with his arms crossed and looking at his wrist watch. Fatima looked at me, so did I then I held her one hand.

When we approached the table where he was he hugged me and Fatima. But we could not escape his accusing eyes. Oh, I know that already. We are one hour late.

Once the three of us were already settled on the table, Dad immediately questioned us. "So mind telling me why both of you are late?" My father asked as he eyed me and Fatima. But it lingered on me longer, so I decided to be the one to respond to his question.

"We're at my company. We are busy doing something important underground." I answered, preparing food on Fatima's plate as I did so.

But I saw Fatima looking at me with wide eyes, so I turned my head towards her. "What did you just say...?" She asked me with a nervous look on her face, and that's when I realized that Fatima still didn't know that my father knew about the underground hideout and that I was running an organization.

He knows, but isn't aware that most of them are those people he used to help in the past.

I grin at her and glance at my father, who was already looking at the both of us with a smile. I turn my gaze towards Fatima after putting down the bowl of rice I was holding.

"Don't worry, babe. He knew about the hideout." I explained it to my girlfriend, and I saw how her mouth formed an 'o' form, which made me chuckle in the end.

After that, the three of us eat first before we go into the real business of why my father had called us in here.

But while we're eating, I noticed Fatima staring at something, so I followed what she was staring at, only to find out that the guy who bumped into her the other day is also here.

Well, I expected that already. It just pissed the hell out of me seeing that fucking guy's face.

"Excuse me, I'll just take a bathroom break." Fatima suddenly said something that made my eyes widen. I looked at her and held her wrist. "What? No, stay here." Those words escaped my mouth almost without me knowing it. Fatima frowns at what I just said.

"Are you crazy? I can't pee in here and you know that right?" She said, and that made me bite the bottom of my lip.

Lath said that the man is suspicious but he doesn't look like he would harm us. So maybe I'm just exaggerating. My girlfriend will be alright.

"Fine. Just hurry up." I told her and she nodded. She turned to my father and told him what she had told us earlier. I watch her make her way towards the comfort room and after that, I look back at the place where the man is currently, but unfortunately, the bastard's not there anymore.

He doesn't seem like he followed Fatima, but still. Fuck it.

***