Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Fatima's POV

Later, while the three of us were eating peacefully, Stacey said that she had to go to the bathroom. That leaves me and Jonas at our table. 

Of course, I already expected him to start a conversation. You know, Jonas is the type of person that even if you don't know him, you will not get uncomfortable being with him. He's a very down-to-earth person. He can easily be friends with anyone. 

“Ah, Fat?” he asked for my attention that I immediately gave to him. “Yes?” I answered back. “It's unusual for you to eat just that...” he trailed off, pointing at my small portion of food. “So I was just wondering and, where did your eyeglasses go?” he asked out of curiosity.

I take a deep breath before opening my mouth to speak. How do I say it...

“It's Mila! She's the one who's doing all of these. Hahaha...” I awkwardly said and of course, once I realized what just came out from my mouth. I immediately regret it.

Oh my goodness. I'm done, I'm done!

“Then, she really did came back huh...” Jonas said. And I can hint a slight sadness in his voice. Damn, what did I do??

I look away from him and nod my head a little for a confirmation.

The atmosphere changed quickly when he smiled. He patted my head and smiled widely. “That's alright Fatima. And please, don't hold back to go to me whenever you have a problem. Don't think that I'm going to change just because I already have a girlfriend. You're still my bestfriend and like a sister to me, hmm?” he said, he's obviously changing the topic but I know that it's also for good.

So in order to push away the awkwardness around us, I smile brightly as well while nodding my head.

Jonas is really one of a kind. He is the person everyone wants to asks for. Apart from being handsome, he's also a respectable person. 

He also won't let your relationship break down just because you don't understand each other. Maybe those reasons are the cause why I like him. Even though he's with my cousin before and until now that he already has a new girlfriend.

Well, whatever. I don't care about my feelings anymore. As long as this person is happy. It's totally fine to me.

“Stacey is very lucky to have you.” I suddenly blurted out without realizing. My eyes widened and immediately look at him. He looks so surprised as well, but then it immediately vanished and a beautiful smile replaced his face.

“I know.” he shortly respond and because of that, both of us started laughing. Ahh, I felt like I haven't laugh with him for awhile. I'm glad I accepted his offer.

Not long after, I felt the need to go to the restroom. I immediately let Jonas know about it, but that time, well, that time...I also noticed that Stacey is still not coming back. 

When I finally arrived at the girl's restroom, I immediately went inside to one of the cubicle and do my business without further ado. After doing it, I made sure to flush the toilet. Dragging myself out of the cubicle, I stand infront if the mirror where I can wash my hands as well.