Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Cole's POV

Resting after five minutes, Fatima and I immediately fixed ourselves when the time was almost up for the towing truck to come. In the end, we came up late at the company. We also ate the food that we bought earlier once we arrived.

And earlier while we're walking towards my office, I noticed that Fatima's limping. She's having difficulty walking and that's when I decided to carry her in a bridal style. Softly and gently because I know that she's suffering from what we did earlier.

“I think it is better if we just head towards my house rather than continue this training.” I told her as she buried her face in the crook of my neck. She slightly shook her head without saying anything, and I just sighed.

“Hm, fine. Does it hurt very much down there?” I whispered to her ear. And while we're walking towards my office, I can feel the stare of the others on us. But I didn't even halt from walking and just proceeded so that I could let her rest at my office for awhile. 

I could feel her shivers in my arms and she nodded her head. I suddenly felt something inside my chest. But in the end, I found myself smirking at our situation. I even tried to make it not obvious, but I failed. I'm just glad that she can't see my smirking lips right now. So once we finally made it inside my office, I sat her on the long couch there and, just like I said earlier, we ate the food that we bought. 

While we're at it, the both of us look at the door of my office when someone knocks on it. I was looking at it with a stern look when I noticed Fatima suddenly stiffened. 

I know that she's uncomfortable. That's why she's been silent ever since. Actually, if this is going to be the outcome every time we're going to make love, I think I'd rather not do it with her again. 

Usually, I will let her speak with her own voice. But now, I can only receive shakes and nods of her head from her. 

“Boss, the receptionist told me that you've already come. I will come inside now, okay?”

What, it's just Lath?

I look at my girlfriend. Her body was slightly relaxed after hearing that familiar voice of my right hand man, and when I looked at her with a questionable look, she immediately nodded her head with her assuring smile. 

“Alright. Come in.” I said, and the door immediately opened, resulting in Lath's coming inside my office. His eyes immediately landed on the food at the round table, but he diverted them towards me immediately. He gave me a nod and gave a bright smile towards Fatima as a greeting. 

“We've been waiting for the two of you underground. I thought something had already happened and was about to call you. Luckily, the receptionist immediately informed me about your arrival. So, did something happen on the way here?” Lath asked as he welcome himself and sat on one of the single sofa inside.

“Yes. But nothing much, I guess. We just got a flat tire in the middle of the road and had to wait for two hours for help to come.” I explained and Lath's forehead immediately creased in confusion.

“Eh? Is that so? Then why didn't you just call me? You know, I've been willing more to help you than those towing truckers. Ah! But maybe you're worried about me and don't want to bother me, no? Tsk, tsk. You know boss, you don't have to be like th—”

Before he can even continue his nonsense rambling, I already put a stop on it.

“No, no. Stop putting words in my mouth. You're totally wrong. Why would I be worried about bothering you? I just forgot to call you, that's all.” I said with a slight annoyed expression on my face. And I saw how Lath purses his lips like a damn toddler.