Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Fatima's POV

I was just looking at his face. I still can't believe it. Or should I just really not trust what he said, because maybe I’m just one of the women he’ll victimize as well?

“I know you're speechless right now, but if you're suspicious of me, I'm telling you straight up that none of this is a joke.” I was barely stooped. 

“I-I just can't help it.” I sigh heavily and withdrew my hands from him. “N-no offense, but you should know in yourself that you are known as a player and bully at school.” There was no emotion in what I said to him.

“Raise your head,” He demanded, but to my surprise, my head really did lift up. Maybe I was just accustomed to him issuing directions and requests in a specific order.

“I know and I understand what you're pointing. But can I have a request this time?” I looked at him in surprised. I did not answer and remained staring at him.

“Please, just let me be like this. Let me like you, even from afar. Let me assure you that I can be serious. Let me...express my feelings towards you.” He smiled after, but I could see the slight sadness on his face even though he tried to hide it.

Why is that? Why does it seem like I'm being hurt by what I'm seeing right now? What is happening to you, Fatima?! 

“I'm sorry if I bothered you. Come, I will take you home. ” he said and helped me go to his car.

In the end, I could not even open my mouth.

The whole trip we were quiet. No one tried to speak out. It's suffocating. The weight of the feeling in my chest and emotions, I could not fathom. I can't seem to breathe.

I honestly really appreciate what he did. I'm just really speechless at what he said. Ha! Who would not be?

"Here we are." I was slightly surprised when he suddenly spoke. “H-hm?” I looked around us, and that's just when I realized that we were already outside my house. 

“O-oh! Thank you!” He gave me a tight lipped smile. When I got out of his car I looked at him again.

He rolled down his car window and our eyes met again. “Good night.” He whispered, but enough for me to hear it, then quickly started his car.

“Good night, Cole...” I said as I watched his car leave. I sighed and decided to enter the house.

Mila greeted me with an angry expression on her face.

Mila...

Wait, Mila?!

Shit! I forgot that I locked the door and that the keys were with me! I'm dead.

“SON OF A! ARGH! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THE MOSQUITOES HAVE BEEN ATTACKING ME HERE?!” She yelled loudly. Its a loud cry. It's so loud that even covering my ears doesn't work.

“You don't have to shout!” I shouted back but it's not like the way she did. She rolled her eyes and scoffed at me. “Just open the damn door!” She hissed which I immediately did.

I don't want to be hit by this amazon! When I opened the door, she hurried up to her room and slammed the door shut.

I sigh and lie down on the sofa at the living room and started staring up at the ceiling.