Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Fatima's POV

“Hey there love birds, we've arrived already.”

The two lovers interrupted my deep thoughts about Cole, when the two of them began to grin.

I didn't realize I was staring too much at Cole, who now looked like a child. He has a slight frown on that handsome face of his as both of his eyes are tightly shut. 

“I-i'm sorry...” Those words just slipped out of my mouth, possibly out of embarrassment.

“Just get off already. Tch.” He said rudely, still not looking at me and his handsome face remained frowning.

I pout my lips and get out of the car with my cousin. When we got out of the car, Mila and I did not immediately enter the house and waited for the two of them to leave first.

When the car disappeared from my sight, I let out a small sigh.

“Are you okay?” I look at Mila and gave her a tight lipped smile. “I'm fine.”  I lied. Actually, to tell the truth, I am still bothered with the things between us and Jonas. Especially now that Cole just reminded me of it. But I am not blaming Cole here. I'm actually thankful for him. 

I have evidence now. But the only problem now is, will he believe me? Will Jonas even listen to my explanation now? I don't know what made me think about things like this when I've been with him for most of my life. 

It's just...something in Jonas changed and I don't like it. 

Mila's loud sigh interrupted my deep thoughts. And then she just suddenly grabs me by the wrist and pulls me inside the house. 

“Come on, let's talk. You clearly have a problem to tell.”  She said this consistently. And I don't have the power to protest now, so I just let her pull me in. 

Before we started our conversation, we went into each other's rooms to change into comfortable clothes.

I was about to pull off the hoodie that Cole had just lent me, but I stopped midway and started looking at myself in front of my mirror. 

Hmm, not bad. 

Cole's hoodie actually suits me.

Because of that, I've decided to not change the top for awhile and just change my school's skirt into my pajamas. 

I look at myself once again in the mirror with a small smile on my face before heading out of my room to meet Mila in the living room. The house is a little quiet because Mama is already asleep. 

“Okay, talk.” Mila demanded with crossed arms and looked at me intensely. We both sat down on our sofas, and I rested my whole body on the soft cushion.

I took a deep breath before opening my mouth to talk.  “You know Jonas and I are very close right?” I started, looking at the ceiling.

“Yup. Since we were children, no one has been able to separate the two of you. So, what now? What's with it?” She said and asked eventually.

“I think...all of those bonds between us will vanish eventually...” I sadly replied. But Mila clicked her tongue irritatedly. “Just go straight to the point, Fatima.” She replied seriously. And because of fear, I don't have a choice but to tell her all that's bothering me.