Bravado

Sally was a rational thinker. She always made sure she didn't overthink or worry herself sick. Or jump to conclusions. But boy did she overthink when Wilbur had something to do with it. It was to the point where she would be pacing on the spot if it weren't for her ability to keep up a front.

"So, what do you think?"

"What?" Sally asked.

"About heading to the city, Tommy told me that there was this very pretty park in the center. I thought that since you liked exploring so much that you would like this park."

Oh, Sally was going to melt on the spot. She knew better than to go into the city anymore but when Wilbur asked her, surely it wouldn't be so bad.

"Yeah, I'll go."

Wilbur's face lit up and instantly she knew she wouldn't regret this.

...

"You're such a dork," Sally laughed.

"Shut up!" Wilbur responded rolling his eyes. Sally looked around the park again. They had walked around it a few times now, and it was getting dark. That was nice though since the stars were coming out and they made being out here in the city a little less scary.

"So, Techno has been trying to get me to go to hypixel for some time now. I finally decided to do it," Wilbur said, changing the subject. "So I got there and it was incredible! They have all these tournaments in there and these communicator things and look!" He pulled something out and showed it to her.

She wasn't fully sure what it was, but Wilbur said that it could send messages to other people.

"I could go message Techno and tell him I'm on a date if I wanted to."

"Really?"

"Yeah! It's really weird, but it's also pretty cool."

Sally took it from him and inspected it. It could light up and had a little plate that was filled with letters.

Maybe things had really changed since Sally was younger.

Wilbur put it away and they continued talking.

It was really dark now. And the moon was revealed from behind a cloud.

The two of them walked onto a bridge. It was small and looked over a small pond with koi fish in it.

This was really nice.

Sally stopped to look at the fish. Which made Wilbur stop as well. She hadn't seen that kind of fish much. They were pretty though.

"I haven't been in the city for a long time," Sally said.

Wilbur frowned. "Why not?"

Sally didn't talk for a while. Sure, she trusted him, but she hadn't told anyone anything for quite some time. With the exception of Tommy. (She didn't really know why she agreed to tell him anything, but it really put her feelings into perspective.) But She did trust him, and that had to mean something.

"Last time I was in the city, was when I was about thirteen... I was attacked, and my mother fought for me. She was captured by hunters and I booked it. I haven't seen her after that. I have been looking for her ever since."

Wilbur didn't seem to know how to respond. He just muttered a small 'I'm sorry.'

"I wasn't very happy about it, I sort of prioritized finding her over everything else." She looked at him. He was quite close to her. Not that she minded. "Until you came along." She laughed to herself softly. "You've made me happier than I've been in a long time."

Wilbur stared at her, clearly thinking about something. Sally didn't know what it was though. She rolled her eyes.

"If you're going to say something then spit it out, Wilbur."

"Can I kiss you?"

Sally- well, she became a sputtering mess.

"Oh, uh I- well uhm, I mean-"

"What happened to all that bravado?" Wilbur had a smug smile on his face. How the tables turn.

"P-people don't usually ask permission first," Sally defended. It was nice that he asked. Quite the turn on. "You can kiss me."

"Wait really?" Wilbur lit up.

"Yes really, now do it before you ruin the moment."

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled get closer. Then he kissed her.

Oh, it was so nice. Sally felt like she was going to melt right then and there. He was so soft, and felt so nice. She wasn't quite sure what he tasted like, but she didn't really care.

Then Wilbur pulled away to look at her.

"How's that?" He asked softly.

"Oh, don't stop. Please."

Wilbur kissed her again. It was just so nice. She didn't care that it was getting pretty late, or that it was getting cold. She felt like she was on fire. She wrapped her hands around his neck.

He pulled away again.

"Does this mean I can call you my girlfriend now?"

"Oh, definitely."

"Do you need me to ask everytime?"

"Nah, ruins the moment. And I trust you." She leaned forward and kissed him again. No matter how many times they kissed, it felt just as good as the first time. Sally felt as though she was floating on air, and she'd rather die than come back down.

They stayed there for a long time. Eventually Wilbur grabbed her hand and led her out of the park.

This was the best night of her life. And you could tell she thought that way when you saw her face. She was breathless. She was excited, she was happy, she was without a care in the world.

...

Sally was pacing in her cave once the date was over. She was torn. She'd finally felt happy! Really happy! Wilbur makes her really happy. So now what? She was supposed to leave.

She'd been systematically looking for get mother ever since they were separated, it was why she'd found herself in this cave in the first place! But she had finished with this whole area for a while now. She was supposed to leave.

She really didn't want to, though. She wanted to stay for Wilbur.

She hemmed and hawed for a while. Switching back and forth between options. Before finally deciding that not only did she not want to leave, but she would most likely hurt Wilbur if she did. Not after tonight. She did not want to hurt him.

She hoped her mother would understand. It wasn't like she'd never go looking for her mother again. She was just taking a break.

A short break.

For herself.

And Wilbur.

.....................

I've totally kissed someone before *laughs nervously*

No but seriously I hope this chapter was good because I had nothing but cheesy romance novels to go off of.

I really hope this chapter is actually good.

Farewell Plerps!