Wii

He sighed, looking at the price of the bottle. He shouldn't try to pay for this. He looked to his son.

After his wife left, his son was the only one he had. The little guy had wiggled his way into his heart like only his wife ever could.

When she left he started drinking a lot more.

It was tough to be an only parent when money was tight and houses were expensive. Money was being pulled from his pocket much faster than it would've if he had a stable job. 50% of his income was just stealing at this point.

He never wanted to sink this low.

His son was just outside in the grass. Looking at the flowers. The kid never had much. He barely had food on the table. And if this lasted much longer there wouldn't be a house to put the table in the first place.

He looked back to the bottle of alcohol.

His son deserved much better than an alcoholic with no money as a parent.

Maybe he'd be doing better if he didn't spend so much money on alcohol.

He turned down the bottle. No. He wasn't going to give up on his son just yet. He still had things to sacrifice, still had love to give. He wasn't going to let it go to waste on some cheap booze.

Instead his son should get something nice. Like a birthday present.

He looked back to his son. He was looking at the flowers, more specifically the bees. He loved bees.

Turning around, he looked for anything else in the store that his son would enjoy.

Perfect.

There was a little bee plushie that was on sale.

He took it and paid for it.

Even on sale, the item was pricy, but it'd be worth it. The look on his son's face would be better than anything alcohol could ever bring.

He took the plush outside to his son. Who looked up at him and beamed at the sight of his father.

"Look what daddy got you?"

He held out the plush to his son. Who squealed excitedly and grabbed the thing. Hugging it tightly.

"Thank you daddy! I like bees!"

"No problem kid." He smiled, before picking his son up.

"Now let's get home okay?"

"Okay daddy."

Schlatt carried his son off, back to the shack he called home.

........................

Welp! That's the chapter! It's actually the last one I had written ahead of time, so I won't be able to do a chapter everyday anymore. Sadge, I know. I honestly didn't think I could go for so long, so I see this as a win. If I really pushed myself I probably could've gone for a few more days but I try to go for quality over quantity. So, now it'll probably be a chapter every few days. Thank you for all the support! Your comments and votes have pushed me to do more and they make me feel better when I see them. I hope you all have a good day and I'll see you in the next chapter! <3