Searching

I have a fic I was publishing on AO3, and I think I'm gonna just post it here too, any thoughts?

..........................

"So, it's bad that Wilbur's been gone all day right?" Tommy asked.

"I think so. Well- I don't really know." Tubbo admitted. He just wanted to color.

"I kinda just feel like he can do whatever he wants."

"Not when he acts weird every time he comes home," Tommy huffed.

"You can ask Phil if you want to."

"Yeah, okay maybe I will." Tommy stood up and walked out of the room. Tubbo started to color again when Tommy came back into their room and sighed.

"He didn't really hear me out, apparently he's going somewhere 'important.'"

"Wait so Techno's not here because he's at Skeppy's, trying to convince him to okay skywars, and mum's not here 'cause she had to go stay at Hypixel for journalism thingies," Tubbo said.

"He walked out the door after that. I have no clue what he's doing, but we have the house to ourselves now." Tommy perked up a bit when he said that.

"Wait- so we can do anything we want?"

"Before Phil left he told me not to burn the house down, so I think anything else is in the clear."

Tubbo got excited. He jumped to his feet, "Let's go explore!"

"Let's go find Wilbur!" Tommy said.

Tommy grabbed an iron sword and they both headed out.

They were eleven, they'd be fine.

They got all the way out past the burnt area with the lush cave. That's when Tubbo started to feel nervous, it was already late afternoon. Still, that wasn't going to stop him from having a good time.

"What do you think Wilbur's doing right now?" Tubbo asked.

"Probably bring an idiot." Tommy shrugged.

Tubbo wrinkled his nose. "I wanted a real answer you jerk." He said.

"I don't know what seventeen-year-olds do for fun frankly. But I think it's weird that he just left without a trace for no reason." Tommy said.

"Okay, but what about him acting weird when he comes home, that's why we're searching isn't it?"

"I dunno, it's just- he seems shaken when he comes home, but after a few minutes it wears off and then he seems... Like weirdly bubbly. I don't know, that bit takes a few hours to wear off though."

"That's... That's so weird."

"Right?"

"It's pretty sus." Tubbo nodded.

"I reckon he'll get ejected," Tommy said with a smile on his face.

True, they got distracted by a bunny hopping around, and they might have kinda forgotten about Wilbur for a solid two hours. But that's fine right?

"It's kinda getting dark, isn't it?" Tubbo asked.

"No, it's not, you id- oh, never mind. Uh, we should find Wil."

"I don't like nighttime," Tubbo said. "you can hear the clattering of skeletons and scuttling of spiders. Even if you can't see them."

"Yeah, yeah let's get out of here."

Tommy grabbed Tubbo's hand and started walking. Then he quickly stopped.

"Uh- which way did we go?"