Clickity Clack

I've been having fun with this plot.
........................

Mace got to the swirls and felt very proud. She looked back and saw that the humans were confused.

Which made sense since no one was here yet.

She took Will's arm and led him to the steps leading to the portal, and sat him down on it. She then went to Phil and did the same thing.

"Uh, I don't know what you're trying to do." Wilbur said.

She sat down next to him. She could wait for Techno to arrive.

Wilbur stood up and started walking off in the opposite direction. She jumped up and went in front of him. She pushed him back onto the steps.

"I think she wants us to stay here."

"But, that doesn't get anything done! We have to go look for Techno and Tommy!" He stood up just to get pushed back down again.

"Stop."

"Wilbur, unless you're willing to fight her, you're going to stay put."

"But- ugh." Wilbur sighed.

She was satisfied with him not moving and sat down next to him.

...

After a few minutes she saw Wilbur getting antsy. She stood up, and patted the steps.

"Stay, I'll go find Techno."

"What's she say?" Wilbur asked.

"Uh, something about Techno." Phil responded.

Phil had a lot of faith in Piglins. And she knew Techno, so he trusted her. Wilbur was clearly having more trouble though.

She stood up straight and ran off into the tunnel to go make sure Techno was coming.

"I'm going."

Wilbur stood up and started walking off.

"Wilbur was stopped by a low growl, coming from the Piglin. She was back.

He held up his hands in defence and sat back down.

She ran off again.

...

Techno was close, but he tired. Tommy was really starting to crash and Techno felt like going to sleep. But he knew the terrain here, he was so close!

Mace ran up to him.

"They're at the swirls!"

"Thank you."

"... Are you okay? You seem tired."

"I am tired."

"Why? Didn't you take a break?"

"I stood guard, then had to deal with this nerd."

Techno guestured to Tommy. Who was crashing.

"Oh, okay. Well, maybe I can hold your human! It'll help."

"No." Techno answered instantly. Holding Tommy tighter.

"Okay, fine. You seem a little protective. I mean, what kid can't walk at his age?" She pointed to Tommy in his arms.

"It's not that he can't walk, it's that if he does he'll run off, that's probably why he's in this situation in the first place."

"Okay. I guess that makes sense."

They walked in silence for a moment. Techno took a deep breath. He wanted to know something.