Golden Daggers

Tommy glared daggers into Phil and Kristin.

"You were supposed to help him. Why aren't you helping him?"

Tubbo was curled up, fast asleep in Kristin's lap. Phil and Kristin weren't able to help him, just pacify him. Merely delaying the inevitable.

Phil felt pretty bad, he was in way over his head. He didn't know how to help Tubbo, he had no clue where his father was, and even if he did, he wasn't sure he wanted Tubbo to meet him. Be was an alcoholic, and not only could he hurt Tubbo, but Tubbo would be disappointed that his childhood hero was insincere and fallible.

That wasn't good enough for Tommy though.

"You're grown-ups, you're supposed to help us." Tommy would definitely be yelling if Tubbo wasn't asleep.

"Tommy, this is really complicated, I can't just-

"Just fix it? Why not? What's stopping you? Adults are supposed to be actually good at something, Phil." Tommy folded his arms.

"Tommy, that wasn't very nice." Kristin said.

"Yeah, well letting Tubbo stay in his fantasy world for so long that reality could break him wasn't nice either but here we are." Tommy gritted his teeth.

"Tommy there was no helping that." Phil tried to reason with him. But nothing he could say was going to convince Tommy it seemed. Phil couldn't blame him for being upset.

"No!? I feel like there is. Everything has an answer, a fix. But you just don't care enough to look for it do you?"

"Tommy I care a lot-"

"Just like you cared about Techno right? You just left him to his sinking ship. If I hadn't done anything who knows what would've happened."

"Tommy-" Kristin tried to calm him down again.

"That's fine Phil, we're only your f**king kids. You don't need to care about us, we're just baggage huh?" Tommy wasn't yelling but his words were sharp and intense. They sliced thigh the thick air and stung.

"It's not like you care, you didn't care about Techno. You didn't care about Wilbur. You didn't care that you fighting hurt everyone in this gods forsaken house. You didn't care about my feelings during all of that. It only makes sense that you wouldn't care about Tubbo."

That was felt like a punch to the gut. Was that what Tommy thought? That Phil saw them as below him? That he didn't care? That he... He..?

"Tommy you're blowing this way out of proportion." Kristin hissed. And Tubbo adjusted in her arms.

"Fine, if you hate what I'm saying so much why don't I just leave? That's what Wil and Techno do."

"Wait Tommy-" before Phil could stop him Tommy stormed out of the room. Out of the house.

"You take care of Tubbo, I'm going to deal with Tommy before he wanders it too far and gets hurt." Kristin nodded. And Phil walked out the door to find Tommy.

...

None of it was true. And Tommy knew it.

Tommy took a shaky breath. He didn't know where he was in the woods. He sat under a tree, hugging his knees.

Phil cared for them a lot. It was written on his face. When Techno first started retracting you could see compete panic in his body language. His wings hardly stopped moving for weeks. And when Wilbur retaliated you could see something similar.

Tommy had realized that most people just didn't see what he did. When Techno and Wilbur had their respective issues Phil just didn't know what to do. He could barely identify the problem. And Wilbur never stopped to think if what he was doing was actually helping anything. And Techno struggled to figure out that not everyone is secretly a bad person.