Peace Talks

I don't have much to say except for fingers crossed that this chapter works the way I want.
........................

Wilbur quietly shuffled through the house and to the front door. It was early morning and the sun wasn't even out yet, Wilbur had been leaving before anyone else was awake so Phil couldn't stop him.

Unfortunately he wasn't going to be burning anything today, just hanging out with his friends. But then again, anywhere is better than here.

Wilbur's hand had just touched the doorknob when he heard a flutter of feathers and then a voice behind him.

"Wilbur?"

He turned around and leaned against the door, arms folded.

"What do you want, old man?"

Phil ignored the comment.

"Where are you going?" Phil tried very hard to keep any aggression from seeping into his voice, he didn't want him to flee.

Wilbur noticed the almost pathetic way he spoke.

"Hang out with friends." He muttered.

"Would you mind postponing those plans?"

Wilbur's accusing stare practically drilled holes into Philza's figure. But he did not let it deter him.

"Why would I?"

"Because, I would like to talk to you."

It was tempting to just say "nope" and walk right out, but the way Phil was talking, was making that option feel equivalent to kicking a puppy. Phil's body language did nothing to help either.

"Okay, talk."

"You sure you don't want to sit down first?" Phil motioned to the couch.

This was a trap and Wilbur knew it. He glared at Phil.

"I guess you don't have to... But I'm going to."

Phil went and sat down on the edge of the couch.

Wilbur sighed and sat down on the other end. As far from him as possible. His body turned towards Phil.

"Okay, now start talking."

"What's wrong?"

"What?" The question caught Wilbur off guard.

"Something's wrong, what is it?"

"'what's wrong?!' you! Odviously. You stupid, airheaded, old man."

Phil said nothing, but shuffled his wings uncomfortably. Indicating that he did actually dislike the insults.

"I- sorry." Why was he apologizing? This was stupid. This conversation was already messing with his head.

"It's alright Wilbur." No it wasn't!

What were they actually talking about... Oh right.

He really was kicking a puppy. Well, a bird.

"What should I stop doing, to fix it?" Phil continued.

"... well, letting me go where I want would be nice."

Phil's teeth clenched slightly, though it was subtle.

"What?! What's so bad with me being my own person?!"

Phil looked away for a bit.

"... Hunters."

"I hate to break it to you but that's illegal, not to mention the fact that I'm clearly human."