Night on the Town

It's what it sounds like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
........................

Phil hated the soft spot he had for kids. If he wasn't so soft, he probably wouldn't be doing this right now.

He had grabbed Tommy and Tubbo by the arms to stop them from wreaking havoc.

"C'mon Phil! Isn't that the point of going to the city!?" Tommy whined, "To make up for the s**t that was yesterday!?"

"Yeah, Phil!" Tubbo said, "Yesterday was awful! Let's make up for it!"

"By going to the new mall you didn't know existed until two minutes ago?" Phil asked.

"YEAH!" Tommy yelled.

"We're not doing that," Phil said.

"But it'll be fun!!" Tubbo complained.

Phil sighed.

"Fine."

They started to celebrate when Phil cut them off.

"On one condition, you two have to be obedient, that means you stay right next to me, and you don't complain when we leave. If you don't, we'll leave immediately, understand?"

Tommy and Tubbo looked at each other, then nodded vigorously.

"Good."

Phil let go of the two of them. And they didn't runoff.

They hadn't been walking very long when Tubbo just stopped in the middle of the sidewalk.

Phil turned around and saw that Tubbo was just staring at something.

"Tubbo? What are you doing?"

Tubbo looked at him and said, "I don't want to go to the mall anymore."

"Uh okay?"

"I wanna go in there," He pointed to a small building, Phil looked at the sign on top.

"Woah, no we're not going in there!" He grabbed Tubbo and pulled him back in the direction of the mall.

Tommy was snickering.

"Why not?"

Because it's a bar!

"We're going to the mall Tubbo," Phil said again.

That was bad, they were not going in there.

"But I wanna go there!" Tubbo pointed back to the bar.

"Why?"

"I- I don't know, I just want to."

"Yeah, but why?" Tommy asked. He had a smile on his face.

"I don't know, it's familiar."

Oh no no-no-no.

"Tubbo, let's just keep going okay?"

"But-"

"No buts, we're not going in there."

Tubbo fought about it for a bit before he saw the mall and forgot about it.

The mall was actually pretty nice, it was more of a plaza, and it had a lot of cool places to go, there was a small aquarium, and restaurants, and shops. In the center was a park, it had swing sets and play structures, it was actually quite a large area. Speckled with more exotic types of flowers. In the center was a small pond. Above it was a bridge so you could stand on the bridge and look into the water with the fish.

Tommy wasted no time grabbing Tubbo's hand and pulling him into the park. Phil was content with standing on the bridge and watching Tommy and Tubbo mess around, Tubbo sniffing all of the flowers, and Tommy dragging him around to play games.

The sun slowly set and soon the park was illuminated with the lanterns of the mall.

When Phil told them that it was time to go, they were both tired enough to agree without hesitation.

Phil took them away, from the park and they started heading home.

When they passed the bar again Tubbo spoke up.

"I figured it out."

"Figured what out?" Phil asked.

"It's the smell, the smell is familiar, it smells like dad's favorite kind of bottle."

"Oh... I'm sorry Tubbo."

"It's okay."

Once they got further out, more in the open, Phil picked them both up and took off.

Tommy and Tubbo thoroughly enjoyed flying at night. The higher up you go, the more stars you can see. Tubbo was looking up at t sky with the brightest of smiles on his face, the stars reflected in his eyes as he stared until he fell asleep.

"I'm sorry," Tommy muttered.

"What?"

"I was mean yesterday, I should've known it wasn't so easy to fix. I was just trying to help Tubbo."

"It's alright Tommy. As long as you're trying to help him feel happier, you're doing a good job. You just focus on being a kid for now okay?"

"Okay."

It was quiet apart from the wind.

"This is nice. Thank you, Phil."

"You're welcome, Tommy."

Tommy fell asleep soon after. It was pretty late.

........................

Another short chapter I guess, don't worry, they'll get longer again.

Farewell Plerps!