Judge, Jury and Executioner

Wilbur was in love with her. There was not a doubt in his mind about that. She was just so pretty and sassy and fun. He didn't know what he'd do without her.

One day, Sally just walked up to him and told him that he'd talked about his guitar enough and that he should just suck it up and play for her. So that was he was doing. The two of them were sitting in her cave as she watched him play.

He didn't really know what to play so he just played all the popular songs he knew. At the start of him playing, she was acting normal, but by the end she looked like she was truly mystified. The silent air around her was unlike her, and it worried Wilbur.

"Are you alright?"

"Hmm? Oh, yes I'm fine. I was just thinking."

"About?"

"Uh... Well, I never told you much about me have I?"

"You've told me about your mother," Wilbur said.

"... Not a lot about her. She was the only family I ever had, and everyday she would sit in the town square and play the guitar. She said that she would try to play a unique song for whoever looked like they needed it. I haven't seen her in a long time. Your songs just reminded me of that."

"Oh... Sorry."

"Don't be sorry, Wilbur! It was nice to hear a guitar again. Thank you."

"I, uh. You're welcome? I suppose."

...

Tommy knew that Wilbur was lovesick. It was obvious at this point. But he always wanted to make sure that Sally wasn't going to hurt his big brother. And he could never be sure. So, one night, he decided that he was going to figure out Sally's deal. So he'd been collecting info on her for a while before he was ready to enact his plan.

His info contradicted itself. One minute, her flirting suggested that she did genuinely like Wilbur, the next minute it seemed like the exact opposite. Like she wanted nothing to do with Wil, but was acting like it through her flirting.

Tommy decided enough was enough, and that he'd talk to her. Without Wil around. If she was thinking of dating his big brother then she should have a bloody good alibi.

He stole one of Techno's old crossbows for protection, and headed out to her cave in the middle of the night. Though he didn't even make it all the way when he was confronted by her.

As he saw a flash of light in front of him, he heard her annoyed voice.

"Wilbur wasn't lying, you do get into a lot of trouble. Why are you by my cave in the middle of the night?" She folded her arms. "You could get seriously hurt. What are you, five?"

"Twelve, actually. And I'm here to see you actually."

"What? Why? Wilbur isn't in danger is he?"

"No, he's fine. I want something from you," said Tommy.

"Couldn't it wait till morning then?"

"I want to get inside your head," Tommy said.

"What?" Her cocky demeanor vanished when he hit her with something so unexpected. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you act weird. I wanna know why."

"Why should I tell you anything?"

"Because, until you spill the tea, I'm crashing all your dates with Wilby." Tommy grinned at her.

"You wouldn't."

"Try me."

"What would you even do with that info anyway? You're a kid." She didn't sound amused.