Shield

Yooo, chapter 40! Also, my birthday is in 3 days and I'm really excited.

I want to thank all of you for the support it's been insane. A couple days ago we hit 20k views and it's mind blowing. So thank you! I wouldn't be here without all of you reading. <3
........................

Techno was done with whatever Phil was doing. He didn't know what it was, but it made Chat go ballistic. Chanting and talking excitedly, using a word he'd never heard before. So he was fine with the change of topic, because Mace was coming back with her little battalion. Techno was almost relieved for something different. Until he got into the Nether that day.

Walking into the tunnel, he became nervous and apprehensive. He wasn't exactly normal, and he didn't know what they would expect of him. Was he normal height? Mace was taller than him, but she was also older. He was fifteen in Piglin years, while she was almost eighteen. He knew for a fact that his eyes weren't normal. And he didn't want to think about that part.

Would they find out that he couldn't write? Or that he didn't know that much about Piglin culture, or that he had weird clothes. He didn't exactly have the regular Piglin clothing. Or maybe-

"Yo, Techno!"

Techno looked over to Mace, who was waving quite excitedly from the far end of the tunnel. Behind her were about ten Piglins.

Techno waved hesitantly as she ran up to him, the others following.

"Did I use the human word right?"

"Yeah."

"Nice, humans have so many greetings."

"Focus, Mace."

"Right, everyone, this is Technoblade. He's second in Command."

"He's got weird eyes." Someone said. It made him uncomfortable.

"He's also the guy who you have promised not to mention to anyone, remember?"

"Yeah yeah. We know." The Piglin who was talking was about Techno's height, and had a very 'yeah whatever' attitude.

"Okay, if you're all going to actually take this seriously then I can show you the base of operations we'll be using." Techno said.

"Ooh yes, let's see it!"

Techno placed down a lever and flicked it. Revealing the small entrance to the room he had built. Everyone was amazed which made Techno feel a bit better about meeting more people than ever before.

"This is the meeting room. Keeps us out of sight of creatures and the king."

Mace led everyone in, which let Techno see everyone. They all ranged from a bit above or below Techno's height. Except for this one girl who was unbelievably short. She seemed nervous. Techno doubted she was very old.

Everyone found a spot to stand at the table, with Techno at the head, with Mace next to him, and the short girl after that.

"Alright, names? We can start with you." Techno pointed to the short kid.

"Uh, O-Okay, uh I'm Shield."

After her was a Piglin named Glaive. They didn't like her/him pronouns. After them, was the guy who didn't seem to care all that much. His name was Pike. Techno didn't like him nearly as much as the previous two. Next were Lance, Ballista, Tuck, Rapier, Saber and Spear. All together they made eleven. It was a decent start.

Techno went on to explain that if they wanted to get anywhere, they would need a full map of the bastion. (Techno didn't mention that it was so he knew the inside.)