My name is Ghast, I promote Bullying

Guys, relax you've gotten through probably the most angsty part of the fic already! Relax.

I swear this fic is just rehab for heavy angst readers.
........................

Techno stood at the edge of the Nether waste. His hooves barely touching the line where the soul sand valley started. He stood closer to his bastion than he had in over 11 years. He has planned to approach the bastion, which he could almost see on the horizon if he squinted, but now as he stood there, he was frozen in place.

I just have to move! Why can't I move?!

Techno screamed at himself mentally, trying to get himself to move forward, but to no avail. He was stiff as a statue and nothing was going to change that it seemed.

He wanted to get closer, to see what was happening, now that his intel on the King was gone.

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"

-Sun Tzu

This was the advice that techno's followed all his life. And without fail. He keeps tabs on everyone he deems a threat, or at least capable of causing problems.

He kept tabs on Quackity, the kid had gotten small wings about a year ago. Too small for flight, and while he had holes in his shirt for his wings, they were small enough that he just put his jacket over them. He takes his jacket off frequently because too much time with his wings folded would irritate him.

What that means is if you're going to attack Quackity, you should do it when he's has his jacket on, as he's more distracted.

He kept tabs on Pike, and the Twins while he could.

Pike was afraid of those he thought had power, while Techno didn't have power, he would try to walk on him until he proved to have power. Or more accurately, strength.

The Twins kept to themselves. They both were slightly protective of each other. If they weren't so mean it'd be kind of sweet. Scythe made sure Spark was comfortable with the situations he was in. In fact, Spark isn't even his real name. Scythe let him adopt a nickname to feel more comfortable. Techno walked in on them one time talking to themselves. Spark was being consoled by Scythe, who called him "Shestopyor". Apparently he didn't like his name that much, so he went by Spark. Techno had to swear to the Oracle that he wouldn't tell... That was before all the other Piglins left him in the dust.

So why? The one time that it mattered?! When it was for the biggest adversary of his life?! Did he freeze up now?!

He felt like he couldn't breathe.

Just move! MOVE! ...Please..

Techno had to accept that moving was beyond him.

Was this what being frozen in fear was like?

He stood there. He couldn't move forward. But maybe he could go backwards.

He slowly took a step backwards and felt all his muscles loosen up as he did. He took a deep breath, though it was more a sigh of relief.

He really had just frozen from fear. How pathetic. He was The Blade! How was he this petrified of some stupid sand?!

One step at a time. Don't think about where you're going.

This time he was able to touch the soul sand.

It was rougher than regular sand, and upon touching it he felt a feeling of dread washing over him. As if the souls housed within were telling him he wouldn't make it out alive.

Then he started to sink as the souls pulled him down.

With a squeal, Techno jumped back with a look of pure terror on his face. His eyes filled with fear and desperation to escape as he bolted in the other direction.