"Shocking since I'm from Australia and you're sat here, in my home... in Australia." He replies dryly, I bite down on my lip to stop grinning. He flashes me a quick grin. "Anyway..." he says, dismissing my laughs with an eye roll. His eyes land on my lips when they're done. He ditches his plate by the sink and runs a hand through his hair. The curls splay out in different directions. "Get dressed," his finger points at me as though there's someone else in the room he could be speaking to. "We've got exploring to do."

Once again, Daniel shocks me. Although, I'm starting to learn that everything with Daniel isn't what I expect.

When he said 'exploring' I thought Daniel meant exploring Perth itself. But no. Daniel meant explore the huge piece of land that he appears to call home. I say land, it turns out it is a fully functioning farm. My jaw almost hit the floor when he told me. Nothing about this trip is what I expected, least of all Daniel's home.

He wears a big brown cowboy hat on his head, I would make fun of him for it but he looked so proud of himself when he whipped it out from behind his back and placed it over his black curls. Instead I take to calling him 'Cowboy Dan', attaching the new nickname onto any questions I have about the property. He frowns at the nickname but I know he's loving the attention really.

We're sat in something that I can only compare to a golf buggy as Daniel speeds around. Of course, he's not going remotely at a normal speed, and I squeak when we go round corners or break too hard for my liking. Speed might be his thing, I'm not entirely sure it's mine. Actually, I know it's not mine. "Oh my god!" I yell and Daniel only laughs at my open mouthed expression.. Complete fear seems to have taken over my body as I freeze, my hand reaching for his forearm and squeezing. "Please slow down!" The beg leaves me in a high pitched squeak, my grip on his arm not loosening at all.

Thankfully, Daniel sees my fear, slowing down the shaky vehicle and my grip on his arm is released.

We come to a halt at the edge of some trees overlooking the ranch, as Daniel earlier called it. The sun hits my skin and I can't help but smile slightly at the warm feeling. "So do you like the farm?" He asks, there's an excited glimmer in his eye.

"I love it - until just now." My words are gasped, my heart still pounding with fear. My personal highlight had been when sheep had appeared, as if from nowhere, and Daniel had declared they were his. It was again, so not what I expected from him. I also love the way Daniel says the word sheep (it's up there with 'Netflix',  'jet' and 'Amber'). My second favourite part of the 'farm tour' was when he showed me the small fresh water lake, hidden behind a thin wall of trees. It was beautiful. Of course, being the dare devil he was Daniel had built an 'awesome' make shift ramp down to the lake that he liked to ride his bike off of to landing in the water. I'm just waiting for the moment where he attempts to get me to have a go.

It will not be happening.

"I can't believe you did that." My head is shaking no, it's almost silent other than the sound of us catching our breath. There's a brief crackle of trees and hush of leaves blowing in the wind but that's all. It's very peaceful here and each time a new element of the farm is revealed to me I only fall in love with the place more.

I get why Daniel loves being here so much.

"Would you rather go round on a bike?" He asks and I shake my head again quickly. He has those too apparently. Daniel showed me around his garage - both of them. The first housed three different cars in ranging in fanciness. A Lexus, Land Rover and, of course, a bright blue McLaren that was anything but subtle. The second garage was less polished and instead was home to several dirt bikes, two quad bikes and the golf buggy we're currently sat in. On the back wall there were helmets of all different colours and styles. I only hope that when he goes flying around the land here he straps one to his head.