Part 48 - MSI

When Aliya gets to her unit, she notices a large package by the door. She carries it inside and takes the card that's attached to it.

I found the inspiration to make this for you as you've wished on your birthday. 

                                                                                                                                  Yoongi

Aliya hurriedly tears the white wrapper from the package and she gasps when she sees the painting he made for her. It's the sunrise from the lake house. She had taken a picture of this exact scene and shared it with him. He painted it for her, he knows how she loves this scene. Her eyes filled with tears because it's so perfectly done, all the details were so alive it's as if she can feel the warmth that's radiating through the rays of the sun. She takes her phone and opens their chat box. She didn't want to call because she didn't want this moment to get ruined should he be with someone else. It's safer with a message.

Hi, I got your gift. I love it, it looks so real. Thank you." Aliya presses the send button before she decides to take a picture of the painting and sends it to him too.

She spends the next moment just staring at the painting which speaks so many meaningful moments in her life. Her childhood, her dad and now of Yoongi. She remembers the last time she watched the sunrise with him sleeping next to her. That moment means a lot more to her now because he did something special for her. Just as right now, he made this painting for her and it's a reminder of what they once had been. They can still be friends of course, but what could've been is what she's thinking of. The unshed tears starts to roll down her face.

Her phone buzzed and her breath gets caught in her throat when she sees Yoongi's name. 

You're welcome and I'm glad you liked it. Happy birthday again.

Aliya starts typing as she remembered something. Did you give the painting a name?

His answer came in after quite a while. It's Sunday, he can't be busy from work. 

Yes. Was just his reply.

Aliya stares at her phone. Is he going to tell the name of what? She waited and waited until she starts to type 'what's the name?' But before she could even send it, he sent his reply.

My Sweet Interlude.

Aliya gasps then turns to the painting again. My Sweet Interlude? What does it mean?  She wanted to ask him but she's scared to know the answer. The title touched her heart just as the painting did. Yoongi is definitely a very deep person, you won't get to see who the real him is unless you dig in and if he let's you in. For a brief time, she got to see that side of him and she is glad that she did.

It's  a perfect name. She replies but after waiting for a long while, he didn't reply.

The painting fit in her living room wall. It's as if Yoongi knew exactly where it would go. That night, Aliya decided to sleep at the couch because she just wanted the painting as the last thing she sees before she sleeps and the first thing in her sight when she wakes up. 

****************************************

YOONGI'S POV

Leaving on a weekend isn't exactly a good idea because he had to deal with the next two days doing nothing. He got picked up at the airport by one of the client's driver who takes him to his temporary apartment. It's a simple studio type space which he was told was  used for expatriates like him who'd be working a bit longer at the office. It's a few blocks away from the office so he didn't really need a car or take transit to get there. It's a good fifteen minute walk which he didn't mind. It refreshes his thoughts at the end of the day and prepares him for the day ahead in the morning.