9-The Truth Now Told

The girls came back as the boys were having a conversation about possible business ventures. Jin and Namjoon were basically the ones doing the talk since they were into investments. Jimin throws Aliya a worried look as she sits back on the chair next to him. She looks at him then sighs, "You're forgiven.", she tells him and he smiles in response. Jungkook snickers next to her and when she turns to him with a raised eyebrow, he bites on his bottom lip while giving her a wide-eyed innocent look. "Stop." She says as she reaches out to hit him on his arm. She didn't hit him that hard, but he doubles over in pain telling her now they're quits. This is how they've always been since they've known each other, they get into arguments and misunderstandings but they patch things up real quick.  

The food gets served, and everyone started eating, everyone obviously had skipped breakfast. Aliya caught Yoongi's eyes on her and she gives him a small smile. She couldn't read his expression,  she  wished she could sit next to him just to know what is he thinking now. Physically, she can say she's seen him completely, however, she has a little idea of what he is like inside that cold facade he always  shows. She's somehow intrigued by him. Last night, he said he wanted her, earlier he showed her that he still wants her, but how about tomorrow? The memories of what happened  between them stirs up...wait, what is she thinking about again? She shakes off the distraction and went back to her previous thoughts, he might not  even want her again after tonight because he isn't into being with the same girl twice. That at least, is the idea she got from talking with her friends. Ok, enough of this, she tells herself and decides to distract herself by turning to Hobi. She asks him about Yoo-Mi, his date from last night. He says their relationship is still new so they're still in the process of discovering more about each other.

 The conversation then shifts to the trip the honeymooners were having, and Aliya almost chokes on the meat she is chewing on. They were leaving tonight for Paris then Venice, Amsterdam, and Sweden. They will be away for two weeks. Aliya drinks her sprite wishing it's wine again, even if she can still feel the effects from her hangover last night. She could feel someone's eyes on her and when she turns, she discovers it was Yoongi again. He raised an eyebrow at her before shaking his head, it's strange but it feels like he can see through her, which she finds a bit alarming.

After lunch, they all turned to the newlyweds, wishing them well for their trip. Taehyung still wasn't talking with Aliya, so she just hugs Jia sincerely wishing they'd enjoy their trip. She steps back so that she can quietly slip away from the room but she stumbles over a foot and slams into Yoongi's body.

"Sorry." She mumbles as she tries to straighten up. 

Yoongi grunts in reply as he puts his hands inside his pockets, as if he didn't want to touch her at all.

"Hey," She calls out as she walks towards him. "Are you still ok with me hitching a ride?" He mentioned earlier that he's dropping by his parents place after he checks out. She asked if she could get a lift, since they live twenty minutes away from her mom's place. 

Her mom drove going to the hotel for the wedding but she left. Her other friends had other plans so she didn't want to hassle them. 

He shrugs. "Sure."

"I appreciate it, thanks." She replies softly. She sneaks a look up at him and meets his eyes. He nods before turning his back , muttering to give him a few minutes so he could pack his things.

 Aliya had to do the same too, but she decides to let him go ahead as she says goodbye to Nari and the rest of her friends. Jungkook and Jimin had to finish up something from work. Their graphics and multimedia design company is doing very well and is in the process of expanding their manpower because of the growing demand in their work. But since they haven't hired more people yet, they had to deal with everything themselves for now. 

It didn't take long for Aliya to get her things organized. She had changed to her casual attire. Sneakers instead of heels, a shirt, blazer and pants instead of a dress. She stares at her reflection in the mirror, she looks like her normal self. But for her, she knows that she isn't the same. She lost her bestfriend to his wife. Things won't be the same as before.

The doorbell in her room rings. Yoongi? She wonders. But he doesn't know which room she's in. 

She opens the door and her heart drops to the floor when she came face to face with Taehyung. She wouldn't even bother ask how he found out which room she's in. He is the son of the hotel's CEO plus, every woman who works at the front desk has a big crush on him. She moves her gaze away from him and stares at the floor instead. He gives out a long sigh as he walks towards her pulling her chin up so she'd look straight at him. Her heart can't lie, even if she tries to cover it, the pain in her heart takes over as her eyes fills with tears. How she loves this man and she wished she could tell him that. He brushes the tears that fell from her eyes.

"Iya, stop." He whispers. Even if she wanted to stop crying, she couldn't.  Her tears kept on falling unendingly down her cheeks.  He continues talking. "I'm sorry for how I behaved with you earlier. I am just...I just want you to be loved for real by someone. You deserve to be loved, to experience love and respect, how can you settle for someone who is just after your body and might just dump you anytime?"

A sob escaped from Aliya's throat. She wanted him to love her that way but it's too late, now that he is with someone whom he loves. He hugs her tight, so tight she could barely breathe. She didn't care, she wants it. "I am only looking out for your own good because I love you Iya. You are my one and only bestfriend."

Her heart was crushed at his last word. Bestfriend, and that's what she'll only be to him. She suddenly wants to be honest with him about how she feels. Screw the consequence, she tells herself as she pulls back from his embrace. She takes a long shaky breath and looks up at him. Her eyes no longer hides what she is feeling.  She lifts her hands over at the side of his face and says "I love you too Taehyung." She takes a step forward and tiptoes, while she pulls his head down so she could kiss his lips. The kiss she gave him wasn't a quick smack, it was a kiss that showed what she just confessed to him. When she steps back, she saw how stunned he was. He stood frozen from where he is. He didn't say anything, but stared at her, as if he's seeing her for the first time. She didn't wait for him to react as she started feeling mortified over what she just said and did. She leaves him in the room walking hurriedly towards the elevator which was thankfully quick to open. She presses the button for the door to shut close because she desperately wants to escape the scene.

I just confessed and kissed my bestfriend, who just got married  last night. 

You said screw the consequence so suck it up, she argued with herself. Here she goes again, having an internal argument with herself. At least she's not keeping anything from him anymore, even if it means that this will be the last time they'll  speak with each other again. 

 Her phone buzzed, it's Yoongi, telling her he is waiting in his car by the basement elevator. When the door opens, she spots a dark colored BMW, right in front of the steps. The trunk pops open which confirms she is looking at the right vehicle. After putting her things inside, she shuts  the trunk close, and hops in the front passenger seat. The car accelerates with it's wheels lightly screeching as it exited the hotel.