23 Heartbreak

"Wait." Aliya pulled back. "You're married." She said.

Taehyung chuckled through his tears and flicked her forehead. "I know that. This isn't the first time I've kissed you, have I?"

"Yeah but you're married now, you shouldn't kiss me or anyone else anymore. Oh god, now I have something to add on my guilty list with Jia again." Aliya whimpered.

"Why are you worried? You're not guilty of anything. It's not like you tried to seduce me to kiss you. That was just a friendly kiss, no tongue." He joked. 

"That's not funny Tae." How many times did she dream of kissing him and yet couldn't make herself do it even if Taehyung was drunk and is sleeping like a log. Like she told herself before, she'd rather be the one who'd get hurt than him. She knows he loves Jia, this fact hurts her like crazy but it's the truth.

"One of these days, I'll talk to Jia and say sorry for everything." Aliya told him.

"Sorry for what? Stop being too hard on yourself." 

"If I was in her place, I won't exactly be happy if I find out that my husband's bestfriend is in love with him. Maybe I am just selfish, I wouldn't want to share you with anyone even she's your bestfriend. I see it now, that's the reason why she's the right one for you." 

" I just said to stop being hard on yourself. I am not leaving until I see you stop crying. I've never imagined I will be the one causing you to be this hurt." Taehyung said softly as he continues to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"I'll be fine." She reached out and wiped his tears. "This won't mend overnight you know." She took the tissue he handed her. "You don't know anything about this because you're always breaking women's heart but never had yours broken."

"Not true, my heart broke when I can't get to talk to you for two weeks." He replied with a sniff as he used the sleeves of his sweater to completely dry his face.

She turns to him and flicked his forehead like he did with her earlier. "That's different dummy, you're not in love with me and it's not even close to this pain." She managed to joke through her miserable state.

He reached out and gave her a quick hug. "I am really sorry for breaking your heart Iya. You can beat me up if that'll make you feel better."

Aliya smirked at her bestfriend. "Don't tempt me and I just might do that."

Taehyung moved in front of her, bending down so that she can reach his face. "Ok, give me your best shot and pour out all your anger."

Aliya rolled her eyes with a grunt before pushing him away from her. "That'll just be another guilty feeling for me with Jia for having messed up her husband's pretty face."

Taehyung smiled as Aliya settled on the couch  seeing that she is less flustered and is starting to crack jokes. He sat next to her  and leaned against her. When she made a protesting sound, he spoke. "So, you find my face pretty? Who do you think is prettier then, me or pretty boy?"

"I am not even going to answer that dumb question." Aliya humphed as she tried to push him away from her, since he kept on leaning against her with all his weight. He started to hoot in laughter when she saw her getting frustrated at him.

"Come on, tell me the answer." He urged her. When Aliya stood up from her spot and he fell on the couch, she started hitting him on his arm but that made him laugh harder. "That's it, pour out all your anger on me." He said. 

"Argh, you're really annoying." Aliya screeched stomping away from him as she settled on a chair lifting her legs so she can hug her knees. She glared at her bestfriend. Flashbacks of their fights similar to this started coming back and it gave her a bittersweet reminiscing. That is a lifetime worth of memories, no matter what happened, the fact that they've been a part of each other's lives still remains. Those thoughts made the heaviness in her heart lessen a little.