3-The Challenge

"If I ask you to come up to my room will you go?" This was Yoongi's question that resonated inside Aliya's head. 

Most of the guests have booked a room in the hotel including Aliya and her mom, so it's not a surprise that he has a room here too. If Taehyung, Jimin or Jungkook asks her that question, she'd say yes without batting an eyelash. She's spent countless times in their room, and them in hers. There's no malice even if she's alone with just one of them in a room. This man before her is different. She's heard a lot of things about him, like how he doesn't like getting into a serious relationship but would rather play with women and how he can be ruthless with them too. She doesn't know him that well too. 

"Why would you even ask that?" She said scowling up at him although her heartbeat was starting to double up it's pace.

Yoongi shrugged, his gaze looking from her eyes down to her lips. "Just because. Do I need to have a reason?" His voice was soft and low and she felt herself getting dangerously drawn to it. Her tipsy state is creating sensations in her body as he continued to look at her. She's not sure if she'd react this way with someone else, but right now, his eyes is creating stirrings in her stomach which she never felt with him before.

"Yes. You need to convince me and maybe I'll say yes. I told you, I do not back out from challenges." This is the alcohol speaking for herself, she also knew taking this challenge of his is dangerously playing with fire. She is still capable of making sound judgement as she told him, but a part of her wanted to just keep on playing around the fire. She is hurting and vulnerable, she knew, whether or not it is for these reasons that she is acting this way, she isn't sure. 

Yoongi's eyes looked directly into hers and that made her catch her breath. He then moves closer to her ear and whispered, "I want you, is that convincing enough?"  

"Huh?" She wasn't expecting that. She could feel goosebumps on her skin both from his words and his closeness. She looked around the room suddenly getting conscious that his parents and her mom are here. Not to mention the other guests, who might have a different opinion of her for getting too close with a guy.

"I thought you don't like me." she mumbled after clearing her throat. 

"What made you think that?" He asked.

"You didn't talk to me that much before." She explained.  

"But I am talking with you now, am I not?" The look in his eyes were so intense and hot it made her throat and lips go dry. She automatically licked her lips.

"Don't do that." He warns her.

Aliya tilted her head to look up at him, she unconsciously takes a step back when she sees his eyes again. "Do what?"

"Iya." A familiar deep voice came from behind her, she turned and found Taehyung with a serious expression on his face. She looked around automatically looking for his bride. She saw her dancing with one of her family members. 

"Yoongi, mind if I dance with her?" Without waiting for an answer, he took Aliya's arm lightly and pulled her to him.

"What are you doing with Yoongi when you're this drunk?" Taehyung said as he held her waist.

"I am not drunk and what's wrong if I was with Yoongi? We were just dancing." Aliya replied, they were not just dancing but talking about something else, but she can't tell him that. Her body is still hot from responding to Yoongi's words and closeness. Now that the person she loves is with her, she couldn't help but be aware of his body which is just inches from her. She felt guilt creep inside her, how can she have those thoughts knowing he just got married? She needs a drink again really bad.

Her best friend's words snaps her back to reality.

"You are drunk and you're dancing way too close with Yoongi, which is not a good combination. I am going to find auntie and ask her to take you to your room." 

"Don't talk to me as if you're speaking to a child. We were not dancing that close because I am very much aware of where I am right now. So no, I am not going back to my room yet because I am not drunk and I can do what I want to do. I am not a child but an adult for heavens sake. Should I leave this place tonight, it'll be because I am going to someone else's room." Aliya replied pushing away from his grasp but he holds her tighter. She wanted him to stop treating her like a child, like a younger sister, which she found so insulting considering how she feels about him.

"And who's room will that be?" Taehyung asked scowling at her as he starts to get annoyed.

She raised her chin stubbornly as she answers. 

"Yoongi asked me to join him in his room."

"Aliya," Taehyung said a bit louder than he should.  He is also using her full name means he is upset with her. "Didn't I tell you to stay away from him right from the beginning. He is not into anything serious."

"So what? I am not looking for a serious relationship either. Besides, you were like him too and so are our other friends. But you got to meet Jia and you changed. Who knows he can be the same too." She replied. She just wanted to argue with him just for argument's sake. Her emotions were just like a roller coaster right now going from high to low before going around in a loop.

He shook his head. 

"He isn't like that."

"I guess we will just have to find out." Aliya replied giving her best friend a taunting smile. He gave a silent curse when he saw her expression. He knew nothing can change her mind now.

"Please listen to me Iya. I don't want you to get hurt." He whispered switching back to using her nickname again.

Ha! She wanted to scream at him. Too late for that, if he only knew how much he's hurt her big time. "I'll be fine. Relax. Just concentrate on your new life with Jia. You have your honeymoon to think about. I am sure it'll be fun and memorable." Saying these words left a bitter taste in her mouth.

Taehyung scowled at her. "Why do you have to be like this right now?"

"I am not being anything. You should know that. Honestly, I am just sad to see my best friend tie the knot. Things will not be the same as before." Aliya felt her tongue got a bit loose because of the alcohol in her system. However, confessing about her real feelings for him is far from happening right now.

"I will just be here, how can it be different?" He asked.

Aliya gave a sad smile "She is your priority now Tae. You're about to build a family. You know what I mean."

He remained silent as he stares into her eyes. She's scared he'd see through her as he did. "I guess you're right." He sighs. "But I will always be here if you need me."

Aliya reached up to touch his face but she drops her hand to her side. Even if they are bestfriends, which everyone in this room knew, she didn't want to do something that some people might feel not right.  

"Like I said earlier, I will be fine. I am a big girl now, I can take care of myself." She said just as the music ended. "Now go. You need to be with your bride, not your best friend." He didn't say anything but instead, he looked into her eyes as he touched the side of her face just as Aliya was about to do with him earlier.

"Not until I walk you back to your table." He whispered. He stops a few steps away from the table before he gives her a tight hug. "You look beautiful tonight Iya." He whispers to her before he left.

She walked back to her spot staring blankly into space as she gulped down another glass of wine. She thought she was alone until she heard a voice speak. 

"So, you're in love with your best friend huh?" She turns to find Yoongi with that silly smirk of his.

"Fuck". She silently whispered.