Part 38 - Stigma

Dinner was announced as they walked. "Where are we going?"

"To our table." He tells her before freezing at his spot. He gapes at the table a few feet from them. Mari is walking towards it throws a casual look at them, before taking one of the three empty seats. He let's out a long sigh as he continues walking. He briefly explains to her that they are sitting with some of his coworkers who are part of his team in the project. 

Aliya's eyes went straight to Mari who's chatting with the guy sitting next to her. "Mari is your co worker?"

 He only gave a slight nod in response before whispering in her ear. "Whatever she says to you, just ignore it." Aliya didn't get to ask any more questions because they were already at the table. He pulls out her chair, waiting for her to sit before he moved to his seat. He introduces everyone to Aliya. 

Curious eyes were on Yoongi's date since it's something new to everyone, he never brings anyone to any of the company events. Some watched Mari too, they know there's something going on between her and Yoongi and yet here he is sitting between two women.

"How long have you known Yoongi?" The man next to Aliya asks.

"It's been quite a while, I was a freshman in the university and we have common friends." She replies back.

"You look familiar, have we met before?" Mari asks her.

"Not formally but if I'm not mistaken, we saw each other at  the elevator when you were headed to Jimin's place." Aliya replied smiling sweetly at her, that night when Yoongi sent you home, she wanted to add as her eyes catches the other woman's hands resting on his thigh.

"Oh right, you were with a cute guy. Does he live in that building too?" Mari asks.

"Actually, I live there." Aliya replies loving the surprised look on Mari's face. The condo she lives in is located at a high end district of the city so the price of a unit there isn't cheap.  Her mom bought that house for her because she said she wants her to live in a secure area. Aliya doesn't like bragging to other people about anything but she felt like she has to tell it straight to the other woman's face. 

As the food got served, the conversation flowed steadily and Yoongi made sure he gives Aliya attention since Mari is trying to hog him to herself. She's also deliberately focusing their topic on their project and office happenings to get Aliya be an outcast from their conversation, fortunately, Yoongi and his other coworkers would jump in to explain to her what their conversation is all about.

A program followed after dinner wherein different heads and president of the companies involved in the project had a speech. The lights were lowered for the slideshow presentation and Mari took that time to move close to Yoongi, whispering something and he replies back. Mari sits back and throws a sideways look at Aliya before looking away.

What the hell is her problem? Aliya can't help but ask herself.

Yoongi got busier after the program while Aliya mingles with the women who came along with their partners. When her phone rang, she couldn't get Yoongi's attention to let him know where she's going so she just stepped out of the room to find a quiet spot. It was Taehyung who had Jimin and JK with him at his place because Jia is in another event. Chatting with them is always fun which is what made her lose track of the time until she started to hear voices coming towards her area. She's sitting at a secluded open garden at the opposite side of the party's venue. She immediately hangs up and makes her way back to the door that'll lead her to the function room, but she stopped when she sees Yoongi and Mari step out walking at the opposite side of the garden from where she is standing. 

Mari wraps her arms around Yoongi's neck and starts to kiss his lips. Aliya instinctively takes a step back behind a large plant. She didn't mean to eavesdrop but she's trying to avoid in making the whole situation more awkward by showing up. She can see clearly as Yoongi pulls back and steps away from Mari. "I told you I'm not in the mood for this." He tells her.