24 - Lovesick

Aliya hates getting sick specially being in the hospital where she is right now. Her mom and Dr. Ahn thought it'll be best for her so she could get rest and get ready for her surgery. She thinks it's too much since the surgery isn't even a major one. This is what happens when you have a mother who is a doctor and works in a hospital. She's been constantly falling asleep since she arrived there so she couldn't get her phone to check her messages because she just felt too tired. She lost track of the time until she wakes up and sees Taehyung talking with her mom. She was reaching for her phone at the table next to her bed when her mom notices her movement.

"Oh, she's awake now." She said walking towards her daughter to help get the phone for her. "How are you feeling sweetheart?"

"Water please." She croaked, her voice embarrassingly sounded like a frog's. She motions for water again. Talking made her throat hurt it and it feels as if she has sand in her mouth because of it's dryness. After drinking a lot of water, it somehow relieved the pain in her throat but she didn't dare speak as she turns to Taehyung with an effort of a smile. "Hi." She whispers.

"Hi." He smiled at her sitting on the side of her bed as he reached for her hand. Touching and showing affection to Aliya in front of her mother is something normal for them. "Try not to to talk. It sounds painful for you." 

Aliya decided to type whatever she wanted to say on her phone instead and as she did so, she showed it her mother. "Your tonsils are swollen and it's common that it affects your voice when you speak. It'll get better don't worry. I don't think you sound like a frog, do you think so?" She asks Taehyung who shakes his head although he had a big smile on his face.

"You sound fine Iya. It's not that bad." He said as he looked at Aliya's phone to read her message.

She made a face because she knew her bestfriend is holding back his laughter because reality is she does sound awful. A faint knock came at the door and when it opened, Jimin, Jungkook and Hoseok came in. They had a fruit basket and some flowers with them. They greeted her mother before turning to Aliya.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Jungkook asks as he placed the fruit basket he was carrying at the table. 

"Awful." Aliya replied then covers her mouth when she forgot how bad she sounded.

"What happened to your voice?" Jimin was saying with a chuckle but was interrupted by Taehyung.

"She sounds a little different from her old self right?" He widened his eyes at Jimin to get his message.

"Yeah, that's what I was going to say." He replied and it's obvious how Jungkook and Hoseok both covered their mouths and made soft coughing sounds as if they were trying to clear their throats to hide their smiles.

"I know I sound like a croaking frog, don't hold it back." She said which made everyone crack as they started to laugh. She tried to join them but had to stop and wince when she felt a sharp pain in her throat. The boys stopped laughing when they saw her in pain and gave  her a sympathetic look.  

"Don't stress yourself out too much dear, your tonsils are severely swollen and that's where the pain is coming from." So-young gently reminded her daughter. "Will you boys mind if I step out for a bit? I just want to talk with the doctor." The boys said they'll be with Aliya and gave her a bow as she left.

The room Aliya's in is big enough to have the boys sit comfortably on the couches although Taehyung stayed by her bedside.

"Namjoon and Nari can't make it today but they said they'll visit tomorrow instead. Jin might come with them too." Hoseok told Aliya.

Aliya typed in her phone, Thank you for visiting me. I am not that sick.

"Your mom said your fever went up to 104. That is sick." Jungkook told her.