17-A Night With Friends

After posting their selfies on their group chat, Hoseok and Namjoon replied if they were invited which Aliya responded to with a yes. Later on, Hoseok arrived with three boxes of pizza because he said he was in a pizza mood. Namjoon and Nari arrived with some dessert. Jin messaged that it was not fair because he was away visiting his girlfriend's family. Yoongi on the other hand didn't reply.

"Impromptu gatherings like these are always fun." Hoseok said as he sampled the food on the table after eating a couple of slices of the pizza he brought.

"I miss our weekend getaways." Namjoon added. "Let's plan one soon."

"Maybe we can go when Taehyung and Jia comes back." Jungkook said as he chewed on a pizza.

"How about the lake house? It's always fun to go there." Jimin said. They were interrupted when everyone's phone started to ring. It was Taehyung calling them at their group chat. The boys all answered their phone and after a few chaotic seconds, they settled on using Aliya's desktop.

Taehyung said they just arrived in Amsterdam and were still resting at the hotel. Jin joined the group call and their conversation went from one topic to another. 

"You're in Aliya's place right? How come we haven't see her yet?" Jia asked. 

Everyone turned to Aliya was standing behind the screen and before she can even move, Hoseok pulled her. "Here she is." He said.

Aliya was hoping that they'd finish the video call without her having to face Taehyung.  She found the last time they were together embarrassing. She thought confessing her feelings to her bestfriend was a good idea but as the days went on, she began to wonder if it really was a good decision. However, just like every decision she's made, she just had to face the consequence no matter what it is. So mustering all her courage, she smiled and gave a wave to the couple. "Hey, I'm here." She said clearing her throat a few times after speaking. "How's the weather there?" It's always safe to start a conversation with the weather which is why she asked.

"It's beautiful when we got out of the airport." Jia replied turning to her husband and waited for him to say something. Taehyung didn't bother saying hi to Aliya or even crack a smile at her, he just stared at the screen instead and that made Aliya feel awkward. He is obviously upset with her because of what she told him and perhaps for kissing him too. She just wanted the floor to open up and swallow her whole so she'd disappear from this scene.

"Aliya where's Yoongi, he's the only one missing here." Jin asked after an awkward silence as they waited for Taehyung to speak.

Aliya had no idea how to answer that queston. She is grateful for Jin's intervention but dang, of all things he could ask why that? She noticed Taehyung was looking at her now his expression unreadable. She stuttered as she answered "He is I er, I don't know. Why ask me?" She felt her cheeks burning and again, wished she didn't blush so easily.

Jin laughed at Aliya's reply. Jimin jumped into the conversation starting a different topic as he gently pulled a pink faced Aliya away from the screen. "Hey, we're thinking of having a weekend getaway at the lake house when you get back here so don't make any other plans ok."

She was grateful to her friend for helping her out from that situation. She must admit she is offended because of how Taehyung reacted with her.  He used to make it a point to call her whenever he's away, no matter where he was and now, he just embarrassed her in front of everyone. She said damn with the consequence after deciding to do what she did but it still hurts.

Nari sat next to her as the boys continued to chat. "Are you ok? What's up with you and Taehyung? Had one of your fights again?" She asked. She knew all of them well enough to know how Aliya would often have arguments with Taehyung, Jimin or Jungkook.