Part 35 - Puzzled

Needless to say, their lake house trip is very memorable. Yoongi didn't try to make any intimate moves on Aliya anymore but he stayed close and friendly towards her.

He showed up unannounced at her place one weeknight and asked if she has anything for dinner. Since her mom dropped by the night before, she had plenty of food to offer. They had a friendly conversation and though he teased her about not wearing a bra that night, he didn't try to show any interest of having sex. He did the same thing showing up unannounced for the next coming nights then leaves for home after. Aliya feels confused and frustrated thinking there might be something wrong with her.

Friday came and she accepted an invitation to have dinner with the son of the woman she met during Taehyung's wedding. She had to give in to her mom's unending request promising her it's the last one. She's not sure if Yoongi's going to show up that night but she thought she'd see if there would be any change in him at all should he see her go out with someone else. She had deliberately chosen a black clingy dress that showed more cleavage than she'd normally wear. She worked extra hard on her hair and make up  and she was almost done when her doorbell rang. She smiled when she saw her monitor, just right on time.

"Hi." She smiled at him as she opened the door before walking back inside her place.

He's still in his office clothes and he stops to study her from head to toe. "Where are you going?" He asks.

"Out for dinner." She replied as she  stood before the mirror studying herself.

"With who?" He asks leaning against the wall across from her watching as she turns in front of the mirror.

"My mom's friend's son." She replied casually.

"I thought you hate going out on those kinds of dates." He commented.

"I do. But my mom is very persistent because she said it's the last one and she's confident that I might like this guy." 

"Really? Well does this guy have a name?" He sounded annoyed.

"Yes, his name is George. His dad is American and his mom is Korean. They live in the States and they're just here for a holiday." Aliya pretended not to see his expression of disbelief as he listened to what she is saying.

"George? You're going out with a guy named George?" He says.

"Yes I am." Aliya replied as she walked towards him standing right in front of  him, pretending to get something from his coat's collar as she continued to talk. "If I can have sex with a guy named Yoongi, why can't I have a date with a guy named George? You said it yourself, we are not exclusive right?" She leans towards him as she said the last sentence looking up at him waiting for his reply.

Yoongi was quiet as he looks down at her with his piercing gaze. "Yes, you can do whatever."

Aliya smiles then walks to her bathroom and sprayed on her perfume before going out again to grab her purse. Yoongi grunts in annoyance as her scent reached him. "Is he picking you up?"

"No, we're meeting at this restaurant. I'm driving there." She replied.

"No, I'm driving you there. Let's see what this George looks like." He answered before turning his back as he made his way to the door. He didn't see the smile Aliya had on her face as she followed him. Judging with his actions, he is obviously affected by her date.

Yoongi asks for the name of the restaurant then clucked his tongue when she answered. It's a restaurant in a high class hotel in Gangnam. He left his car with the valet and follows Aliya to the elevator.

"You're seriously coming with me to the restaurant?" Aliya asks him.

"You don't want me to?" He asks.