¹⁵ Le pardon

A month had passed with one ignoring the other

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

A month had passed with one ignoring the other.

Lavigne had tried talking to Riddle, but the latter would just brush her away or even ignore her completely. The girl didn't take it too well because trying to converse with him made her look like an utter fool. She didn't even bother telling her roommates about what happened that night, saving herself the trouble of explaining.

Though with Tom avoiding her, another boy had occupied her free time.

Arnold and Ivory had spend more time together ever since they conversed that night at Slughorn's dinner. To Ivory's obliviousness, she was surprised to see Arnold in her DADA class. It was the only class she shared with the ravenclaws.

In their free time which was usually after class, the two would take trips to the library to read and Ivory would tease the ravenclaw boy, sometimes even leaning in towards him a bit too closely just to get a reaction out of the boy. Of course, the girl knew of his little crush on her, so she used this to her advantage. She would order him around to buy things for her, fetch certain objects, and send messages in general.

This pair wasn't missed by her cousins. Black and Lestrange had seen Arnold and Ivory converse at the party, but they hadn't thought that they would continue conversing, let alone be buddy-buddy.

"What do you think she plans on doing to him?" Walburga asked Matthew beside her, both pair of eyes looking over to see the blonde seated at the eagle's table. A spot of emerald green robes in contrast to a sea of royal blues.

It was the two of them with the addition of Maeve and Alexis seated in front of them, the two bickering, uncaring about the cousin's conversation.

Matthew squinted his eyes in concentration and answered,"Perhaps she plans on using him as one of her many pawns again, like she did from her past schools."

The girl beside him nodded, plopping a strawberry in her mouth. If Walburga had to guess, Ivory had this all planned ever since she met the boy in Slughorn's dinner. Still, she wonders what the blonde would gain from this.

The girl in topic was now doubting the lengths she would go for some measly secrets. With her being seated at the ravenclaw's table, they used this chance to ask Ivory all sorts of questions. What her parents do for a living, why she was kept from the media, and to her surprise, the girls asking to describe her brother and his looks.

They don't even know nor have seen him yet here they are, already having formed a fan club for my dear brother.

It was Friday and she didn't have classes except for Astronomy after dinner—which was another class that she and Tom shared, dreading the class even more so with no Maeve nor Walburga present to distract her from him. The ravenclaw's chitchats and pestering was too much for Ivory to handle any longer so she excused herself and didn't miss to throw a wink at Arnold's direction.

She was relieved to see that the boy she wanted to approach—and now overtly avoiding, wasn't there when she exited the great hall. Ivory wasn't one for patience when it comes to dealing with people's emotions. In result, she would often come off as blatant and upfront, only adding to the list of reasons why she had no close friends. If Riddle didn't want to talk to her because of his childish outburst that night, then so be it.

Whatever, Je m'en moque, she said to herself as she headed to the library to make notes for Astronomy.

When she arrived, she wished she stayed longer in the great hall. From the moment she passed by the library doors, Tom's scent slapped her in the face. It didn't help that she wasn't feeding for a couple of weeks now. Beuxbatons' weekly feeding made her spoiled, making her forget what it was like when her mother would starve her.

It also didn't help that out of everyone, Tom smelled savory from the rest of them.

It wasn't as if she had tasted human's blood or anything, she was just frustrated because his aroma was teasing her. Like he knew Ivory wasn't allowed to get a taste.

Shaking her head from the thoughts, she walked briskly towards a shelf she thought the books about Astronomy was. But when she arrived to the spot, she saw that the books she needed was missing. A guess was already formed in her head but she didn't want it to be correct. Ivory's guess was proven true when she looked at Riddle's table from behind the bookshelves. There lay the exact books she wanted to read for her class. Apparently, Riddle had the same thoughts of preparing for the class.

Of course, what else did she expect from the top student.

Ivory still didn't want to be in the same room as him, so she settled in going back to the common room. As she made her way to exit the library, a hand grabbed hers making her stop in her tracks. She looked down at the warm contact and looked to whoever it is that stopped her.

It was Tom Riddle.

"Lavigne, wait," he said hurriedly when she tried to pull back.

With an annoyed look on her face, she looked at him. "Now you talk to me? Make up your mind Riddle."

"I apologize for my actions. It's just that...sometimes, I get consumed by my anger. I try my best to control it yet it seems like all my efforts lead nowhere." he said, letting go of her cold hand.

Ivory still had an annoyed face, her frows burrowed as she looked at him. She didn't trust Tom, the façade he was putting up was far too false.

"You're not even genuine."

Now it was Tom's turn to furrow his brows, "What makes you say that?" an irritated tone threatening to take over.

"Because I see no sincerity in your eyes, Riddle. But fine. I will not deny you of forgiveness. Though keep this in mind," she stepped closer to him, looking right in his dark blue eyes.

"I do not forget."

With that, Ivory walked away, heading back to the common room.