²⁸ Voyage à Pré-au-Lard

Hogsmeade felt like a home she never had

The little shops and lanterns lit the snow-filled cobblestone path. Heavy clouds filled the sky rendering the sun useless, giving a calm atmosphere to the somewhat cold weather. Maeve and Matthew were leading the lot, cheerfully nattering with one another. Close behind them followed Cyrus and Walburga, seemingly discussing chess—with Walburga asking questions and Cyrus answering. Abraxas and Alexis were directly behind after, smoke lingering where they breathed out, a cigarette in between their fingers. Behind the group as always were Tom and Ivory, the two once again in still silence.

Both didn't mind it.

Reaching Honeydukes, Alexis sounded from the group. "Brax and I are gonna go visit Hog's Head, you lot go along."

"Hog's Head?" Cyrus asked, stopping Alexis before they could walk away. "Why'd you wanna go to that filthy place?"

"Because that filthy place has filthy good alcohol, Cyrus." Alexis replied.

"Alcohol stronger than firewhiskey at least." Abraxas murmured. With that, the two of them set off to Hog's Head.

"We'll meet you at the Three Broomsticks afterwards!" Matthew called out to them, and receiving a thumbs up from Alexis in return.

"We too, shall go." Tom spoke from beside Ivory, walking past her.

"We shall?" Ivory asked aloud before lagging behind Tom.

"Yes. Come now, Lavigne." He commanded with long fast-paced steps making it hard for her to tag along.

She looked back at her friends to find them already entering Honeydukes. Huffing, she matched Tom's pace and walked alongside him, noticing how cold his body heat got.

Once they arrived at a shop called Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop, Tom entered, a tinkle chimed as it announced his entrance. He looked around amidst the plenty of people crowding his vision, finding a place to start and deciding on grabbing parchment first. Though as he approached the cabinet, Tom noticed that there wasn't a second chime from the door, meaning that Ivory hadn't followed him in. Walking back outside, he looked for where she was. He didn't have to look far though, as she was standing right next door. She was illuminated by the indoor light of a clothing store, Gladrags Wizardwear.

"Ivory." He called her name, making the blonde turn her head towards him.

"Are you done already?" She asked incredulously as he neared her.

"No. I was looking for you. Why didn't you follow me inside?"

Ivory's heart skipped hearing this, but she shook it off. "Oh. I figured you wanted to shop alone so I chose to wait outside. Do you wish I come with you instead?"

Her golden brown irises peered up at him, catching Tom off guard from what she said all together. He felt his pulse quicken.

"No, nevermind. I'll only be a moment." He said quickly.