³ Deux casse-tête

The Slytherin common room basked in a dim green lighting

Maeve accompanied Ivory on the walk to the common room, one talking to the other about the events and incidents that happened in Hogwarts in the past, catching her up on the gossip and such.

Walking up to their room, someone followed them from behind. Her charcoal hair was curly against snow-white skin. Maeve turned to the stranger and gestured her head towards Ivory, hinting that the woman introduce herself.

Light blue eyes gazed over to her. "Well well well, finally decided to come to Hogwarts, have you, cousin?" Her lips stretched out into a smile, perfect pearly teeth glistening. "I'm glad you've finally left that dreadful posh school. I never could stand you with your ballet talk in family gatherings, you know."

The blonde girl's lips stretched out to form a smile. "Hello to you too Walburga, now I can pester you even more in person, even without the ballet talk."

Walburga Black was the only female cousin Ivory talked to. Sure, they weren't as close as she and Matthew were, but their relationship was still something. They had an unspoken bond, where they could tell each other things by just the look on their faces. Walburga would talk to Ivory about boys and such, educating her about femininity since Ivory never really had close female friends. Well, any close friends for that matter. But Black had taught her many things that helped Lavigne become the girl she is now.

"I suppose the three of us are roommates then?" she asked, gesturing to the room.

It was spacious enough for three of them to have their own hefty wardrobes. The green hue of the lake emitted from the arching window in the front of the room. Maeve and Walburga's beds lay side by side on the right, while hers sat alone on the left.

Each of them changed into their nightgowns, Ivory changing into her silk nightgown that ran all to her ankles. She found spare uniform on a chair beside her wardrobe, green accents interlacing with whites and blacks.

Each girl did their own thing. Maeve reading a book in bed, a candle close to her bedside. Walburga in front of a mirror, applying creams to her face. Ivory was doing her hair, tying curlers and placing it in a neat bun. She knew she wasn't getting any sleep tonight, so she was planning on going out to explore the castle.

After reading about it in the book, Hogwarts: A History, she was curious about the different places the castle had to offer. After a while, Maeve and Walburga slowly went under the covers, ready to have a good night's sleep.

She tucked in too, but her eyelids never closed, for she was waiting for the chance to slip out.

۝