⁴⁷ Départ du nid d'oiseau

It was time to say their goodbyes as the dinner finished and the guests slowly filed out of the Versailles château

Ivory gave Matthew a cordial hug as the Lestranges went on their way out their door.

"See you in school, Ivy," he says as he pulled away from the embrace, giving her shoulder a small squeeze.

"See you, Louis," she replied as she watched him walk away with his mother, the last of the people to exit their château.

Tom stood right behind her, watching Ivory wave at the other boy in farewell. The room was now silent, save for the slowly treading along of the Thestrals carrying the Lestrange's carriage away.

Finally, when the dark flying horses could no longer be seen, disappearing past the winter clouds, Ivory turned to him. Her eyes, warm against the light blonde hue of her hair and her candle-lit skin, immediately fell into his.

"We should be heading up," she proposed, tiredness evident from her soft voice.

He nodded in reply, his steps following just behind hers as she led the way towards the flight of stairs that headed towards their rooms. The one were they almost kissed, he swallowed the thought.

"Vivi," Adrian's voice rung from behind them.

Both of them turned to look at the source.

"Viens ici, parle-moi un instant," he spoke to her, his eyes momentarily glancing to the boy to her side.

Ivory turns to Tom, giving him a once-over, before walking towards her brother, who led her deeper into the room and out of earshot.

Tom clenched his jaw in thought, eyes never leaving the two's figure. Although he can't hear their shared whispers, the serious expression on their faces tell him that they both were having an important conversation. He wondered what it was about, even tempted to use legilimency on both of them, but then decided against it after remembering that these two were Lavignes.

After a moment or two, the siblings embraced each other. Ivory letting go of her brother with a sentimental expression on her face, a soft smile on both their lips.

"Come on Tom, change of plans. We're heading back to stay at my manor tonight, the carriage is already waiting," Ivory says as she walked back to him, a subtle grim look on her face.

"Take care of my sister, Riddle," Adrien voiced out, his own expression guarded, hands shoved into his trousers' pockets.

"Of course, though I'm sure she's very capable of doing that herself." Tom smirked, earning a similar smirk from the other boy and a nod along with it.