³¹ Cheveux roses

Tom felt cold

Tom felt cold.

His hands felt something cool, soft and smooth, the sweet smell of cherry lingering on his nose. As his consciousness slowly began coming back to him, something shifted from under him, a low hum sounding off as it did.

Tom's eyes flew open.

There in his arms was Ivory, hugging him back with her cool, soft arms. Her pale golden hair splayed across the pillow and some tickling his face. Long eyelashes brushing her rose-dusted cheeks and slightly parted pink lips faced him as his eyes trailed down. When did she change into her night robes?

The sheets were tangled around them, her feet unconsciously rubbing on his. Tom's heard his heart beating in his ears as he tried his best not to move a muscle.

"Warm." Ivory mumbled, a satisfied sigh escaping her lips as she snuggled closer to him. His breath was caught in his throat when her eyes started to flutter open.

Then the two just stared.

And as quickly they realized they were holding each other, they also immediately separated. With Tom standing up and Ivory on the edge of the bed, the room stilled for a moment. But finally, Ivory spoke up.

"I apologize." She cleared her throat, "For last night." 

He turned to her, a quizzical look hinted in his face. "What about it?"

"I should have went for another prey, unicorn's blood isn't very filling. Plus," Ivory continued as she got up and reached out to her wand, muttering a spell to change her nightgown into the uniform she slept in, "It made me intoxicated, which was dangerous. I don't think I could control myself under the influence of such substance."

"We had no choice. It was that or starvation. I also doubt you had much choices in winter anyways."

They both looked at each other and came into an understanding. Unicorn's blood is a last resort.

"Although I do have a question." Ivory voiced, as she stood beside Tom who was waiting for her by the door. He only looked at her with a brow raised. "Did I do anything while I wasn't sober? I don't remember much. Only the walk back to the castle and from there, everything is a haze."

"No, you stumbled here and there, but nothing too drastic." Tom replied as they exited the room, heading for the dungeons. "Although..." He hesitated, unsure if he should tell her.

"Although?" The blonde repeated. It took him a second, but Tom replied. "You did pull me in bed."

Only the screeches of owls and the faint footsteps of students served as their distraction. Ivory didn't reply immediately. She couldn't. How could she?