¹³ Étoiles

Ivory was left standing alone in the cold hallway

Not like she could feel it anyways. But still, Tom had just left her there. She wondered where his destination could be as his figure disappeared from her vision and his scent slowly fading away.

What a twat.

Sighing, she draped her cape around her slim shoulders and headed back to their dormitory.

When Ivory arrived, she found that only Walburga was present. The girl was sitting at her desk, applying oils and such to her face, a sight Ivory had grown accustomed to with the nights she stayed there.

"Glad to see you're still in one piece. I was afraid that Riddle had torn you to shreds by now."

"He needs to try a lot more than to escort me out of dinner if he even wants a piece of me," Ivory scoffed as she shrugged off her cape and proceeded to undress herself.

A snort was heard from Walburga as the image of her cousin and Tom shagging came to her mind because of Ivory's words. Immediately, Ivory tried to correct herself as she realized what she said.

"No, Irma. I did not mean it like that."

Walburga could practically envision Ivory's brown eyes rolling at her as she said that. Turning around to face her, Black was met with Lavigne's backside, only white lacy undergarments covering her body. The girl was standing sideways, her back to Walburga. She was looking at her scars through a mirror yet again and wondered what other people would have thought of them. Or her for that matter.

"You didn't ask for those, you know."

The statement echoed in Ivory's head. No, I didn't. She didn't ask for any of this, yet here it was, given to her. A sigh fell past her lips as she started to get into her nightgown.

"You remind me whenever you can, Irma. I know, I don't need the reassurance anymore."

To any other person that would have heard, the reply would've sounded cold. But to Walburga, she knew that it had gratitude weaved deep into its meaning. The bond they have made her understand that Ivory had trouble expressing affection because it wasn't shown much to her when she was a child. The black haired girl only hummed in response and grabbed a book, proceeding to sit on her bed with her back pressed on the headboard to read.

"Why isn't Maeve back yet?" Ivory asked as she sat at her desk, preparing to tie her hair into curls just because she didn't have anything better to do.

"Oh I wouldn't expect her to return tonight," Walburga replied, a slight playful tone evident on her voice.

The blonde stopped her actions and turned back towards the other girl in the room, "And why's that?"