⁹ La révélation

Walburga was sat up in bed when Ivory walked in

Blue eyes met with browns, both raising their eyebrows in surprise. The blonde girl closed the door behind her as she entered, walking towards her closet to change her clothes.

"Irma." The witch's second name came out of Ivory's mouth. "I thought you'd still be asleep." She stripped the nightgown off, her back facing Walburga as she spoke again, "It's still early, you should get more rest."

The jet-haired girl placed down the book she was reading. She eyed the girl in front of her, observing the faint scars on Ivory's back.

"I slept early last night, I have enough sleep." She replied. Her face turned stern as she spoke again, "I see that you're doing fine now. What happened the past few weeks, Eszter?"

Both of them called each other by their second names whenever it was just them, an endearment that developed over the years of closeness. Ivory sighed, buttoning up her green shirtwaist dress before speaking again.

"Remember that one time on Mother's birthday?"

"The only party where you were kept in bed?"

She nodded and continued, "Well, this is just like that. It happens from time to time, I get sick. It's from mother's side of the family and it can't be cured, so I have to deal with it. Sometimes, it's not as serious, but there are days like this and then where I get so weak I just lose consciousness in the middle of the day."

"Well, you tell me whenever you feel sick again, okay? I'll do my best to help. Maybe even Maeve can make you a potion to lessen the symptoms."

A small smile formed on Ivory's lips as she nodded. "Best get ready for the day then." She stated, walking up to grab her wand from her dresser.

When she went to clasp the black-red wood, a certain envelope caught her attention. The paper felt light on her hands, its golden seal begging to be ripped open.

"Oh right," Ivory called out to Walburga, taking the girl out of her reading again, "Riddle mentioned something about going with me to the Slug Club just this morning."

Walburga's brows furrowed at her statement. "Riddle wanted to go with you to the dinner party?"

"Dinner party?"

"Well yes, the Slug Club usually hosts dinner parties with the rest of the members Slughorn has invited." The girl's eyes rolled at the mention of the professor. Apparently, she dislikes him because of his 'obnoxious nature'. 

Now it was Ivory's turn to furrow her brows, looking back down at the letter in her hand.

"You would've known that if you'd actually read the contents of that letter like Maeve said, you know." Black teased as she went back to read her book.