²¹ Dîner après Halloween

The two sat facing each other, still alone in the Trophy room

Ivory raised her wand so Tom see it clearly. It was a gradient from dark orange on the tip to red at the bottom. The end of it had a scarlet colored gem, bound together by the intertwining wood.

"I got it in Germany, from Gregorovitch Zauberstäbe." She informed, passing her wand to the boy, giving him a better look.

"What is it made out of?" Tom asked, inspecting the intricately

"It's Acacia wood, 12 inches. The core is Nundu heartstring—"

"Nundu? I've never heard of wand cores that is made out of that." Tom cut her off, "I've read about them, Nundus. Considered as one of the most dangerous creatures alive."

Ivory stood up to sit near him, resulting in a chill running up his spine.

"As I said, I'm not a normal witch, which requires an unusual core."

"And what about this?" his finger grazed the crystal at the end, "I've never seen any wands with a gem."

"It's a crystal." She corrected, her hand outstretched and waiting for Tom to give it back to her.

When he did, she continued, "A crystalized thestral's blood."

The crystal glowed lightly as her fingers brushed upon it, "Thestral blood has special properties, intrinsically linked both with longevity and with death. It's known by mare witches to amplify magic when crystalized and can instantly reinvigorate when ingested. This helps me channel my magic to a fair amount, considering I'm not entirely witch."

"Tell me more about mares." He prodded from beside her.

Instead of answering, she just sighed and stood up, heading towards the exit.

"Perhaps another day, Tom. We should head back for dinner, we don't want them to question us with our absence."

A hand held her arm back tightly, the harsh grip making Ivory stop in her tracks. Swiftly, she turned to face Tom, her free hand reaching up to his throat, squeezing her fingers tight.

Tom visibly tensed, his brows and forehead scrunching, mouth turning down into a scowl.

"I told you," She growled slowly, inching towards his face with her hand still gripping his warm throat. Ivory could feel his pulse racing, blood rushing to get oxygen into the brain. "I don't like being touched."

Brown eyes dangerously grew into crimson red, burning into deep ocean blues.

"I apologize," Tom choked out, "Remember our vow Ivory."

Her gaze didn't falter with his words. Instead, she drew closer, taking in his scent as she inhaled. Shaking her head, she snapped out of it, releasing Tom from her grasp. A sharp inhale could be heard from him, his hand shooting up to soothe his throat from the constriction.

"That was payback from when you did the same to me. I've warned you Tom."

With a huff, Ivory exited the room.

The Great Hall still had decorations from the Halloween feast they missed last night. Confectionery-filled pumpkins, apples, black cauldrons of big lollipops, carrot cake, bats, orange streamers, goblets of coloured sweets, and Pumpkin Juice were available throughout each table.

As she arrived, she saw a smiling Maeve seated beside Matthew, and a scowling Walburga next to a frowning Cyrus. Ivory walked up to them, Tom following not far from her.

"Ivory, finally." Walburga groaned as she saw the blonde girl approach them, "Please join me in eating far from these people. I beg you."

"What's wrong?" Ivory asked as she took the vacant seat from beside Abraxas, Alexis seated on his other side.

"I dislike sitting beside these people. I dislike sitting beside Cyrus." The girl huffed in front of them, her arms crossed on her chest.

The boy in question turned to look at her with raised brows, "What's wrong with sitting beside me?"

"You talk too much."

"Maeve does as well, we're no different!"

"Maeve is an exception. When she talks, it goes in one ear then out the other. But when you talk, it sticks in my head and I can't think of anything else."

"That's because I actually talk sense! Unlike Maeve—"

"Hey!" Maeve cut him off, with her brows now furrowed.

"Alright, Alexis, switch seats with Cyrus." Tom interrupted as he sat beside Ivory.

"Why do I have to move?" Alexis groused, annoyance clear in his voice.

Tom didn't need to reply, with just one look, Alexis obeyed wordlessly.

"Got in a cat fight Alexis?" Ivory said, reaching out for a red apple.

Alexis' white collar was covered in blood, a cut seen across the bridge of his nose.

"You should see the other guy," He replied, shooting a smirk in her direction.

"He got into a fight with a Gryffindor, as always," Abraxas referred to Alexis from beside her, "Sent a hex towards him and he barely managed to avoid it, hence the cut."

"And who won?" She questioned again.

I guess Tom was right about my questions, Ivory said to herself.

Abraxas and Alexis both looked towards the Gryffindor's table, making Ivory turn to look as well. There she saw a ginger haired boy with an arm sling on and bandages around his face.

"A clear winner, I see." She nodded and turned back to her table, taking a bite of the apple.

Tom glanced at her as she did so. Cherry-red lips grazed it's surface, the pearly white teeth tearing a piece of the fruit and it's juices along with it.

"These lemon tarts are so exquisite," Maeve trilled, holding another one out to Ivory, "You've got to try these, Ivory."

Scrunching her nose in disgust, she leaned away, which resulted in her leaning closer to Tom.

"Get it away from me Maeve, I'm alergic to lemons," Ivory almost hissed, inching farther away from the outstretched lemon tart.

"Oh, I didn't know, I'm sorry." The brunette apologized immediately, bringing her hand back in.

"Well now you do." The blonde sat back properly in relief.

Noticing the close proximity she had with Tom, Ivory scooted away, giving him space from her.

When she turned to look at him, he was already looking at her, a brow raised in a wordless question, you still get allergies?

Ivory just nodded in dismissal, taking another bite of her apple.