⁶ Chevaliers de Walpurgis

Night came, and one by one, five boys stood inside the Room of Requirement

The room transformed into a big elegant study. The black wood made the green accents of the space pop out, with support pillars in the middle. At the very front was a fireplace, a big ebony table in the middle with chairs around it. There sat the boys, with Riddle sitting at the head of the table.

"Good evening knights. We will be discussing a certain witch today," Riddle said standing up, walking around the table towards the fireplace.

Matthew gulped and looked down, already knowing who Riddle is referring to.

"Lestrange tells me that she is related to a part of the sacred twenty-eight. Tell me about this Lavigne girl," Tom asked to no one in particular.

"Well, Ivory is a distant relative, my lord," a boy with curly short hair voiced out.

Tom looked at the one who answered. "Ah, Rosier. Go on," he urged.

Alexis Rosier and Ivory Lavigne were not close at all. The Rosier's only ever attended family celebrations when they were sure no prying eyes were present. Due to his mother being an acolyte to Grindelwald, it was risky going outside of their manor.

"As you mentioned, the Lavignes are related to most of the sacred twenty-eight. Though they only associate with us in England whenever they need something."

"Need what exactly?"

Another voice spoke out, "We don't know, they only talk to our parents." 

Tom walked over to the platinum-haired boy, he leaned towards him, his palms resting on the table.

"Well, Malfoy," his voice now an octave deeper. "I have to know what exactly they need from you. With this knowledge, perhaps I can blackmail the girl into joining our ranks."

Abraxas Malfoy never really befriended the witch, well, he didn't even have the chance to be close with her. Whenever the Malfoys would attend the balls and meetings, he would see her and her brother sticking to the sides of their parents. If not then they would be together in a corner, whispering to each other with furrowed brows.

The last boy who has yet to speak cleared his throat. "Perhaps you should owl your parents then, maybe they would answer."

Nodding, Tom turned to the sandy-haired boy. "Yes, do as Nott says."

Cyrus Nott wasn't related to Ivory Lavigne, but he did know of them. The Nott's were invited a couple of times to social balls hosted by the Lavignes. He remembered trying to talk with her once. Her brown eyes looked up at him as he tried to go near her. But once he did, a boy went in front of her, blocking his way. The boy—he assumed it was her brother—gave him an intimidating look, cold piercing blue eyes bore through his. Cyrus didn't attempt to talk to the girl ever again.

The boys nodded at Tom's words. "What else can you tell me about her? Lestrange, I saw you two converse on the first day she was sent here. What were you talking about?"

"Well, I asked her why she was here. Her transfer certainly is strange. Apparently, my mother asked her to... look after me. I'm afraid my mayhem has reached my mother's ears," Matthew's voice sounded hesitant as he looked at Tom.

"That won't do us good, Matthew. If she gets wind of this and reports it back to your mother, she'll surely be suspicious of us."

"Yes my Lord, I will see to it that she doesn't know about us."

"She can't know yet," Tom continued as he walked back to his chair. "I still need to prepare her for her role."

Three pairs of eyes met, uneasiness etched into their faces. Tom noticed this and asked. "What's the matter?" His tone of voice dared them to oppose him. But the boys just shook their heads, afraid of the consequences if they spoke their opinion.

"Good. Now, I want you all to convince her to join our cause. Slowly, as to not make her suspicious. She's a smart one, a perfect candidate."

And as they arrived, one by one, the boys went back to their dorm, missing the shadows of a certain girl.

۝

Ivory heard the sound of shoes trudging in the halls

She immediately hid around a corner, expecting it to be a teacher or even the balding caretaker she saw at the great hall. Hushed whispers reached her ears. Her brows furrowed in confusion, that doesn't sound like a teacher.

Slowly, she peeked out from where she was hiding and saw them. Matthew, Alexis, Abraxas, and someone she didn't recognize. As she was about to step out to confront them, at the back came Tom Riddle. Ivory's lips turned down into a frown, What are they doing out? Maybe they're just out doing– Merlin knows what idiotic boys are up to these days.

Shaking her head, she left to go to where she was going before the footsteps interrupted her.

When she reached the library, her steps moved to where she remembered the restricted area was. Ivory grabbed her wand and pointed it to the locked gate, "Alohamora". The gates opened with ease when she pushed them.

Her eyes gazed over the books, some titles already customary to her from their treehouse. One book caught her eye though, she stood on her tiptoes and grabbed it. Its spine was chained to the shelf, the red hard cover almost shined in the moonlight. In gold letters were the title, 'The Nocturnals: Vampires and the Undead'. Ivory stifled a chuckle, well isn't this fitting?

Just like last night, she read and waited for the sun to rise.