⁴⁴ Château de Versailles

The sun was setting when they finally left the glasshouse

Stars were starting to show in the dimming horizon, the wind cooler than the morning. No words were spoken as they headed back inside the manor, with Ivory profusely wiping away the tear stains on her cheeks. Tom merely trailed behind her, his eyes never leaving her figure.

As they arrived up the flight of stairs, she paused, turning back to him. The moment they shared in the glasshouse was one she will never forget, and she could only hope thay his actions were genuine.

Merlin knew that her heart would break if it wasn't.

"You should pack up your things. We'll be staying at the Versailles château tonight," she says, not quite meeting his gaze.

"Yes, the party," Tom nodded, noticing that she didn't meet his eyes. "I'll be quick."

A nod was his only reply from her as  she turns to head for her own room. But before she could travel far, he reached out and grabbed her wrist, sending a jolt of electricity to the girl's heart.

"Ivory," he started softly. "Thank you, for today. I promise not to speak of what happened to anyone."

The blonde turned to look at him, her golden chocolates finally meeting his berry blues. His warm hands were a contrast to her cold one, and for a moment, Ivory wondered if this is how they'll stay forever. A contrast to one another, different sides of the same coin.

She mustered up a small smile and nodded. "Fine, I trust you Tom."

And with that, he let her go, his heart feeling just a little bit lighter than it was.

۝

ㅤㅤㅤ۝

The Versailles château was grand, and maybe even that was an understatement.