⁴⁹ Sa présence chaleureuse

Ivory opened her eyes

She was back at the château, its familiar daunting walls seemed to pulsate and close. The hair behind her neck and on her arms stood, sensing danger as fear pricked her skin.  She sat up on her bed, wide eyes alert as she focused on her bedroom door, knowing that it'll fly open at any time now.

But nothing came.

Minutes passed by, she was sure, the figure of her mother failing to appear. Ivory thought that that was more unnerving. It was what she was used to — Gizelle yelling out belittling words in German as she walked though the door, roaring like the unkind lion she was.

Instead, Ivory heard screams. The voice a familiar one. It was her brother.

"Ian?" her voice was barely above a whisper, quiet and unsure. As she heard a louder scream, she immediately ran out of bed.

"Ian!"

She ran and ran through the seemingly endless hallway, his voice bouncing off the walls around her. Where is he? She checked every room she passed, finding it empty every time. She kept on calling out for him, but all he responded with was his agonized screams.

Finally, she stopped in front of a door, the muffled screams of her brother loud from within. Her hand reached out for the icy doorknob, twisting it open and peeking inside.

The sight made her drop to her knees.

There stood the evil wizard of whom was her uncle, Gellert Grindelwald, a red streak leaving his wand which was pointed to the curled up body of her brother. The torturing spell left his lips so effortlessly, one she was too familiar with. But now, instead of her receiving it, it was her brother.

"Stop! No!" Ivory cried out and ran towards Adrian, but as she attempted to do so, she hit an invisible barrier, a thud echoing in the room, mixing with his growing wails.

Her breath caught in hus throat. No, this can't be happening.

Ivory's hands pushed against the barrier, tears blurring her vision.

No no this can't be happening.

"Crucio!" Another red streak hit her brother, his cries only seeming to grow louder.

No. No, please.

"Stop it! Please, stop hurting him!" she sobbed, fingers clawing against the invisible wall dividing them. "I'll do anything! Hurt me instead! Please, just stop hurting him."

Her pleas seemed to get through to the wizard, mismatched-colored eyes falling onto her figure. Gellert finally averted his wand from Adrien's withered figure, the other end landing towards her instead.