⁸ Nourrir

Her hands felt soft cotton fabric

Ivory shuffled around, her eyes slowly blinking open. Where am I? She looked around where she lay. It was dark, night out. There were beds laid against the wall, 6 in total. A sterile scent was strong in the air as she took a deep breath. Then her memories came back to her, she remembered blacking out just as she was about to go back to her dorm.

I must be in the hospital wing, then.

The dark blue dress she was wearing was now replaced with her white nightgown. She supposed one of her two roommates changed her some time that night.

Sighing, she took the blanket off of her as she struggled to stand up, her legs wobbled as they struggled to support her upper weight. Ivory sighed, trying to muster enough strength to walk outside the wing. I really need to feed now, she said to herself, focusing only on her search for blood.

The halls were dim, only the light of a couple of candles lighting the way. Her feet took her to the nearest exit. Slowly, she pushed open the door and went outside. The grass was moist with the rain that morning, the full moon's light only reaching the edges of the dark forest.

Her breathing quickened as she stretched her limbs, pain growing as her flesh teared, muscles growing thicker. Her ears grew longer, the outer part forming into a point. For a while, she stilled, waiting for the pain to subside.

As it faded away, she ran.

Ivory sprinted towards the forest, her steps leaving light footprints from the power she was exerting. Red eyes darted around, easily seeing in the dark. The forest was silent, except for the occasional flap of bird's wings and cricket's chirping. The blonde girl —mare, stood motionless, waiting for prey to come. When she heard light treading and smelt it's peculiar gamy scent, Ivory slowly prowled towards it.

It turned out to be a deer like she expected. It was by a small pond drinking water, oblivious to the glowing golden red orbs lurking from behind a tree root. She patiently waited for the right moment, when the deer would turn it's head down to drink again.

Just as it did, Ivory lunged towards the deer, sounds of distress emitting from it. The deer thrashed around, the long antlers giving her difficulty in wrapping her arms around it's head. But it slowly got tired.

As it ran out of stamina, she took the opportunity and dug her claws into it's skin, keeping it from moving even more. It bawled from the pain, thrashing around with it's last efforts to escape.

Finally, she dug her teeth into it's neck.

Blood pumped into her mouth as the deer's heart beat quickly from the adrenaline. Ivory can feel her strength coming back with just that, so she drank further, unable to control her thirst much longer.