45

The slight beeping was what woke me first. Then the scratchiness in my throat. Then I realized I had something hooked to my arm.

Thats when my eyes shot open. There in a my arm and IV was taped and inbedded into my skin. Sitting up abruptly I forced the needle out, along with the things stuck to my chest, that caused the monitor to go off, the noise from the machine beeped rapidly, an alarm coming from it.

"Sarah-"

I had to place my hands over my ears which did nothing to calm me. Not even the hands that tried to calm me.

Where was Patrick?

Panic rose in my chest as I remembered what happened, and how stupid I was in falling for empty words from Serena and at the feel of her teeth sunk deep into my neck.

That being the last thing I remembered. Jumping from the bed just as a nurse ran into the room I looked into the mirror. The bite marks on my neck healed, my eye still their normal green. I jumped as the hand on my shoulder, Turning I faced Alexander.

" Where is he?" ubbing the now healed spot in my arm from where the IV had been placed. Trying to keep myself from freaking out. It wasn't working, just as two nurses rushed in. Quickly I backed away, remembering last time I was in this hospital. How one tried to put a needle into me. It felt so long ago when it's only been less than a year.

"Luna let's take a look at you-"

"No! Tell me where he is!" I wrapped my arms around myself, feeling more anxious as to what happened.

"I'm sorry Luna but he-"

"No..."

"Leave us, now" Alexander ordered. Leaving no room for arguments as he came forward. Stopping just enough to leave me space and smother me.

"I can't stand nurses or doctors, Hes fine sweetheart. Patrick is just fine"

Hot tears swelled in my eyes at the relief of those words. I couldn't hold myself up. So I sank to the floor.

"Hes ok?"

"Yes, still hates me but yes. Hes ok"

"What is- Sarah! Oh thank god whats going on?" In an instant Grace had me up and wrapped in her arms just as Devin, Alexander, Abigail Rebecca and Andrew swarmed into the room. Alls expression going from worry to happiness in seconds.

"We heard the machine and came running, what is it?" Abigail asked, coming to stand where Grace held me and where I was currently crying into her shirt.

Pulling back Grace took my face in her hands and wiped my tears as Abigail rubbed my back. She however was shooting glares at the nurse still in the room.

"I thought... The way the nurse spoke I thought-"

" He's fine sweetheart. I just made him go eat he's down in the cafeteria with Shane. He hasn't left your side in the last ten hours, Alexander decided to stay with you. Much to Patrick's disagreement" Grace said.

"How are you feeling honey?" It was Abigail who asked next.

Stepping back I looked around the room and hugged myself tighter.

"Like I want to see him, I don't want to mind link him. I want to see him"

" I told Shane, their on their way" Rebecca said. I've never been so thankful.

"Thank you" She only smiled in return. Both she and Andrew then came to hug me, telling me they'd see me later and would give me time with Abigail and Alexander before Patrick came barreling down the door. Grace followed.