8

The house was almost empty when I had gotten up that morning

Aside from Andrew, Rebecca and a guy named Mitch there wasn't anyone there they mentioned Patrick and the others have a city council meeting going on and wasn't sure when it would be over. Which is why it was the three of them and myself.

I had stayed to myself that morning. Taking the time to get more familiar with the home I was staying in. Taking time to observe the pictures on the walls. Pictures that went all the way back to 1684. The town had a history. I only wondered how I haven't heard of it until recently.

The pictures then ended to a more recent variety.

One to Rebecca and what I was assuming to be her husband the way they held eachother. Patrick and his parents. Andrew, Rebecca, her husband standing along side Patrick at looked to be a barbeque.

I stopped as I came to one of the entire town. Patrick in the front with over 300 smiling faces looking at the camera.

It didn't escape me with the looks of respect and love in all the pictures. How all of them looked to be like family.

" Grace likes to put the pictures up. Saying "these pictures are history that needs to be remembered" I'm sure shes taken some of you as well. Though none of us know until it hung on the wall somewhere in the house or in a scrap book. The study is loaded with dozens more"

I didn't turn from the picture as Rebecca came to stand beside me.

" I think its amazing"

And I regretted more not capturing some memories that I actually wanted to keep. No matter how little of those memories I had.

" yeah but the minute she pulls that camera out when I go to have these babies I'm hiding it until after they're out of me"

She rubbed her round belly with a deep smile. Though it carried a sadness to it. I avoided asking not wanting to over step by asking.

"Do you know what you're having?"

" two boys and a girl. Doctor Murphy says with triplets there's a possibility of complications but says we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Right now theyre all healthy and growing and that's all I care about"

" he's right. You will cross that bridge when you come to it. Like you said. They're healthy and growing and that's all that matters"

She smiled. A soft smile one that said she was still going to worry. As was her right as a mother but also a smile that she loved them deeply.

Had me wondering if my mother had the same look when she was pregnant with me. You know before giving me up at the age of four.

"Thank you. Oh I came to let you know if your hungry we've ordered pizza. You do like pizza right? Everyone likes pizza. But I wont judge you if you do. Its completely alright. I know one time Shane and I tried to make it homemade then... rambling sorry. I can't always control it"

"No it's alright. Thank you but I'm actually going to check out the study if that's alright?"

"Yeah of course. There's a few books I'm sure you'll like. I'll save you some"

"Thank you"

It didn't take long to find the study. Which was more like an office connected to a library. It was nothing like the pink lotus. It was better.

There was poetry, fiction, biographies and more. That along with business books.

The book shelves lines up around the walls with two other ones in the middle. Leave a lot of space making the room look big when it wasnt really big at all. Yes the pink lotus had more but Drew mainly sold college books and books she approved of.

This was a variety of something else and I was sure hours has passed since I was in there.

Walking around with a first edition of Romeo and Juliet before putting it back in its original spot I had then found myself singing in the silent study while I skimmed the other books. Going over every one of them sure not to miss a single one. Until I stopped. My hand hovering above a book I haven read in years and had often brought me comfort as a child. In its original binding and in mint condition. I didn't even

"Your a fan of The Grimms Fairy tales?"

I wasn't aware he had been back. Nor did I notice he was even there. My attention and apparently senses to were to occupied by the books infront of me.

"Not for a long time. Their version seemed slight realer from the Disney interpretation. Though they had a few good ones. I haven't seen another copy since I was a kid"

"You're welcome to it"

"Oh no I cant I-"

He came closer stopping only inches from me. Grabbing the book from the shelf looking over it a few times before handing it to me.

" consider it a gift. Please I insist"

The moment the book touched my fingers had me feeling back to when I found my first book at a yard sale. The person having no respect for the written page.

And just like that I had felt like putty.

"T-Thank you. I'll take care of it I swear I- Thank you"

His eyes lit up as he smiled down at me as I skimmed over the book in my hands. I couldn't wait to read it. It's been so long.

"You're welcome, maybe when your done we can talk about your favorites from it"

"I-Ok"

I was supposed to be nervous and anxious but I was excited to have any other reaction when I had one of my favorite books in my hands.