34

*Long Chapter

I sat in the back seat with my head against the window and my eyes closed. Listening to the music coming out slowly from the car radio. Mitch had offered to drive and Patrick had offered the front seat.

I hadnt said a word since we left Moone Pack Territory.

Not when I was still wanting the man beside me. The incident before we left had left me aroused for him and I had to think of anything just to get the images out of my.

I was so confused. Seeing the man you love be the opposite of what you knew suddenly the opposite, should be scary side shouldn't have me wanting him as badly as I did now.

I liked that side of him. No, I really liked that side of him. Just as much as I liked the other.

I didn't even trust myself to be touched by him. I wanted him that badly and I had to fight the sexual urges that were so foreign to me.

So I thought about Abigail. How she saw us off outside of Moone Pack, while I twirled around the piece of paper in my hand.

Patrick had stood to the side talking to Titus, his posture tall, Confident and strong but behind it all he looked defeated.

"Alpha or not hes still a man. A man who loves his women and would fight the world for her. Don't punish him for wanting to protect you and harm those who do"

I looked to Elizabeth who had a soft smile while she held a plate out to me. Brownies, and they smelled delicious.

"I'm not punishing him, its just...  I can't explain it"

"Well, whenever you figure it out, explain it to him. Its was lovely meeting you. I do hope we stay in contact"

"You to, thank you"

"Gene- Sarah?"

I turned to find Abigail standing there. Nervous and looking completely unsure of she should really be there or not. Elizabeth excused herself.

"H-hi"

"So you're leaving? I thought maybe we would of had a little more time"

I looked to Patrick who was already looking at me with those saddened eyes from just hours before. He nodded my way.

I could spare a minute.

" W-We only  planned for one day"

"Yes... oh here. I wanted you to have my number. I understand this might be all new and hard to handle but I do hope you will let me be a part of your life. You can call me whenever you want and maybe when you're ready, I can come and visit?"

I looked down at the piece of paper on top of the brownies.

"I... I would l-like that"

"Thank you. I'll let you go... can I hug you?"

I didn't answer. But I let her hug me. Ot was unfamiliar but familiar at the same time. It was then I smelled the familiar smell I used to love growing up. Peppermint.

It was the peppermint. The one just like Mrs. Hanes...

"What's wrong?"