23

My body burned for him. It ached and it cried.

The second wave of this heat came sometime ago and even I could smell my arousal for him.

I didn't normally act like this. No, actually I didn't act like this at all.

Rebecca and Grace have been educating me more on this heat.

Apparently it only happens to an unmated pair and only once a year after. Wolf or well in my case wolf like. The heat also helps them conceive if they haven't already.  It also attracts unmated males which can make them unpredictable.

So the house was all but cleared out and no males were allowed in, aside from Patrick. Who has been controlling himself better than Rebecca and Grace had thought.

After being stuck in my room for three days I needed a change of scenery. So grace chaperoned everytime Patrick was near.

It sucked but amusing.

The poor man. I can't help but actually laugh at the affect its having on him.

He actually had to walk out of the room with a pillow over him looking frustrated beyond relief.

Ok I felt a little bad. But it wasn't my fault. So after the pillow incident there was also the timing in the kitchen where he gripped the counter so much it cracked down the middle and broke off on the edges where he had gripped it.

So that's how I ended up back in my room.

But I had to be stubborn and not stay inside all because I couldn't be cooped up in there anymore.

That's also how I've ended up laying on the floor by my door with ice packs everywhere with some of the oils and herbs that Grace had given me until this was over.

A blanket under my head and my side of battle ship in front of me while Patrick had the other on the other side of the door.

It was Grace's idea. An attempt to keep put minds off of jumping each others bones. The herbs could only help so much and right now even breathing him from there was making my body nuts.

"A5?"

"Miss"

"Damnit! You know one of these days I'll take you on am actual date that doesn't require us playing games on the opposite sides of your door because... well that"

It was true since his birthday party we've been trying this relationship thing out. He's been patient with me well considering recent events. And it's been nice.

"Before or after you get better at battleship?"

"I sunk two of your ships so that's progress"

"Yes it is. B8"

"Damnit women"

He thought this was winning then he would have a blast with monopoly. And by blast I'd teach him how not to win. I sucked. Badly.

"So I talked to Grace and Rebecca... They're going to see if Dr. Murphy can run a deeper search for my birth parents..."

It was true I had given up. That was until Rebecca brought up the question of my birth parents and then once conversation led to another and I was convinced to try looking again. Maybe seeing I had access to someone with some contacts who could help.

"Thats great Sarah. Do you need my help with anything?"

There was something but that was the heat controlling such thoughts.

"Don't let me back out of doing it"

Things changed between us these past few days. I was more comfortable with him. Open even and I wasn't scared to talk to him and it was refreshing. I was relaxed. And I let myself be open with him.

Though I also had to thank this random heat about that to. Either way I felt lighter.

"Never, I think its great you want to find your birth parents. C4"

"Hit. What if they find something I won't like?"

"Then at least you'll know"

"Hey Patrick?"

"Yes Red?"

"You smell good"

The laughter on the other side of the door made my body buzz with anticipation. Making me ache and burn even more and I knew it was time to distance ourselves again. Whenever he did though...

"Red I-"

"It hurts"

" I know baby"

I was doing good without wanting him this badly. Then he had to go and sound so cute with that laugh of his, it didn't help his scent was higher and the only thing separating us was a door.

"Red, I gotta go. I-I can't... I'll be back alright"

And I whimpered again. I was doing so good. Was even distracted then I wasn't. The game kept us both distracted. Kept our minds off my current situation and the distraction was over.

I was ready for this to be over. I needed it to be over.

I was fighting the control of going to him just to have him close enough to lessen these aches but I knew if I did I'd want us to do something I knew I both was and wasn't ready for and I'm just glad Patrick somehow knows that. I feel like he did.

So to calm these burning aches before I over heated I put my body under the cold flow of water relishing in vibration of the water on my burning skin.

By the time morning had came around I had woken with my body clear of all aches and pains. My heat gone.

Only way I could know for sure. When I opened the door and went down into the kitchen. Patrick was on his laptop when he noticed me. At first he had gotten up and took one step back before he smelled the air.

His relieved sigh was a confirmation of my heat officially being gone. Even when he slowly approached me. His hand on my shoulders before sliding down to take my hands in his.

"Dont take this the wrong way but I'm happy I can be close enough without fighting for the control to take you to bed or not. That week and a half was torture"

I looked behind him to the still broken counter.

The thought of him actually taking me to bed was exciting. Not under the influence of the heat I let myself think of the possibility of us... moving forward and I felt my face heat up in embarrassment of the thought.

Also realizing I hadn't began to freak out about the thought.

And that alone was something big all together.