20

I felt better. Like a weight was lifted off of me allowing me to breathe again. I didn't know how long we were standing there when the door was thrown open revealing Mitch and Shane stopping before they even spoke.

I broke away from Patrick so fast I nearly fell, he caught me luckily. Otherwise my head would have hit the desk.

"Sorry for interrupting Alpha but we have a spotting on the vampire queen and our recourses spotted her in Avery"

Patrick looked at me with a look of defeat.

"I got to take care of this. I'm sorry I have to-"

"No, it's ok. Thank you. For listening I mean"

"And thank you for telling me. I'll be back soon ok"

I nodded watching him let me go slowly before making a move closer to but stops before squeezing my hand gently and leaving the office.

And suddenly I felt cold.

In the family room Andrew, Rebecca sat with a pizza infront of them with a movie about to be played.

Though Rebecca sat in a set of loose clothing and a hand on her swollen belly she looked every bit of uncomfortable and slightly in pain.

"Hey, she ok?" I asked Andrew.

Highly concerned for the pregnant women on the couch who had her other arm up and stretched over her head with her head back and eyes closed.

"She is fine. Just Jamie decided be all up in my rib cage while his sister and brother kick at eachother"

She spoke looking at with one eye while her arm had covered the other.

I wondered what it felt like. Starting a family. Carrying around little half humans inside while they kicked and moved about.

"You can feel if you want to"

I looked away from her stomach feeling embarrassed.

"Its alright, come on"

Hesitantly I made my way beside her and slowly put my hand on her stomach. No sooner than I did I had felt one of them kick my hand.

"Oh!" I pulled my hand back in laughter. Causing Andrew and Rebecca to laugh as well. It was amazing.

"They're strong huh?"

"Yes. H-how does it feel? being pregnant"

She smiled looking down at her belly with a happy smile and tired eyes.

" Amazing some days. They make it hard to sleep sometimes and it can be so uncomfortable at times. And don't get me started on the constant peeing, the hormones or the fact that I'm always hungry, like right now I can eat that pizza with pickles and dip it in ketchup and it be the best taste in the world. But its great. Knowing I am growing three little beings inside of me and I love them so much already. I'll protect them forever. And don't tell Shane this but I kinda like them more than him. Do you wants kids Sarah?"

" I don't know if I'll be any good at it"

"I think you'll be great. You got the heart for it"

"Let's just hope she's not a mean pregnant. Your a mean pregnant women Bec and I don't think I can handle another mean one"

Andrew spoke with a mouthful of pizza, pressing play on the movie and soon the movie became playing The Proposal.

"Don't give me reasons to be mean and I won't be you ninny"

" it's not my fault"

I wanted to point out the Spatula incident and him saying she looked like a snowman.  That it was his fault but she took care of it by throwing a pillow at him while naming all the times he's deserved her "meanness"

My thoughts went to Patrick then. Wondering if he wanted kids. Or if he didn't.

I didn't care either way as long as we...

That thought then made me realize something. I didnt think on it out of fear of not acting on it.

"Sarah where are you going?"

I knew they were worried by my running out of the room and soon Andrew was beside me and as was Mitch.

"What's wrong Sarah?"

"Nothing I... I need to pick something up"

"Ok. Ok, what is it maybe we can help?"

Mitch said while stepping infront of me looking at me. Probably searching for any signs that something was wrong. I hardly talked to him much. He always kept his distance when he was around but this time he was probably wondering if I had a mental break.

Because even I know this was odd for me.

" I'm fine I... its... I..."

"Ok, how about we go with you?"

I didn't answer but accepted that they come a long. Feeling better knowing I had atleast some company.

They didn't understand why I brought them to the boutique that Grace and I had visited. And followed close as I looked through every hanger hoping to find a certain dark green dress.

A green dress that wasn't there.

"Your going crazy for a dress"

It was more of a statement. I looked at mitch who seemed every bit of uncomfortable being in the boutique surrounded by women's dresses and some even sexy style underwear.

"No, I'm not its... never mind I-"

"Its not crazy. I know enough to know that this means something so if mitch wants to be a moody hound then he can wait outside, tell me what your looking for and explain a little bit so I can understand"

"You can't kick me out I-"

"If your going to judge me and claim it crazy that I want this dress then yes we are"

That felt good. That really felt good.

Andrew looked like a proud father and grinned before looking at Mitch.

"You heard our Luna. Now out you go you kill joy"

He turned to me then waiting for a little bit of explanation. So after  I worked on calming myself. I told him what the dress looked like and why exactly I wanted it.

"Alright I'll find the clerk. You look some more, consider me your fairy godmother"

Minutes passed and I was on my last hanger feeling every bit defeated and when Andrew came of to me. The sorry expression he was wearing told me the same.

The dress wasn't here.

"Melissa said that it was bought yesterday. I'm sorry Sarah"

"Its alright though. Thank you"

I wasn't upset about it. It was just a piece of fabric but it didn't stop my mood from plummeting.

I knew now that I wanted to accept this mate thing with Patrick. The thought about the kids confirmed it.

I couldn't be scared anymore.

I wanted the dress as a new start. I was working on myself but I wanted to do it with Patrick by my side.

And I wanted to get over this constant battle I had with myself with new mind and that was starting with going after what I wanted no matter how much it scared me.