19

*Long Chapter*

After Rebecca was done beating Andrew with the spatula it was time to wash all of the flour out of our hair.

Grace remained downstairs continuing some of Patrick's bir preparations.

He had came in a while ago, he and Shane had tried to sneak in but as the kitchen was filled with women who had heighten senses. They were noticed immediately.  That and we noticed them walk in and go down the hall.

I had told Grace and Rebecca about my added senses while we cleaned up our mess.  If I was going to work on myself then I had to start somewhere and telling them was a step. I was relieved to know that Patrick hadn't told them.

They were curious as he had been. Otherwise had seemed like it was just another day for them. Which was great.

After my shower. Which took longer than expected since I still felt like I had blood on my hands and ended up staying in longer than necessary I decided to clean the room given to be before making my way back downstairs. To find everyone was starting on the lights both inside and outside.

They worked fast. That was for sure.

Patrick must have came out from his office some time while I was in the shower.

He stood on a latter hanging strands of lights while his father stood at the bottom for stability out in the backyard.

"He sure is handsome"

Ferrah stood beside me with her arms crossed while eye stripping him and I hate how I hated it.

"Cat got your tongue? That's ok I leave a lot of people speechless. Just wait until you see his birthday present. Then you really will be.  I bet you didn't get him anything did you? Of course-"

"Theres more meaningful things than gifts and flaunting what you have. But of course I doubt you know that seeing you don't have enough brain cells to even tell a person for what he is and not just a way to power and a penis. Not like our Future Luna here. Who has a heart by the way"

Now it was Ferrahs turn to be speechless. As Rebecca came to my side with Shane right behind and I was to busy trying not to choke on the laugh that seemed to want to escape. Since I've been here. There is only one person who I've seen Rebecca's lesser attitude towards and she was standing in front of me.

And Rebecca called her ferret.

"Your lying. She can't be his mate and I'll prove it"

And with that she stalked off out of the house being sure to slam the door so hard that everyone heard it.

Catching the one person attention. On the otherside of the glass sliding doors that led to the back door.

"She'll get over it. Shes just mad that she can't have the power of Luna or the Alpha around her finger like you do"

I forgot about that little detail that came with me being Patricks Mate. I'd soon be his Luna. I wasn't a leader. I didn't know how to be a leader. It was also a lot of authority and... but I'd have Patrick right? Like he said. Mates were eachother equal and he'd help me.

But I was scared.

"Hey, everything okay?"

"Yeah. But we got a thing so We're gonna-"

"We don't have a thing"

"Yes we do"

"No we-"

" ok, we gotta go, bye"

Shane then grabbed her hand coaxing into another direction leaving Patrick and I alone. Everyone else seemed to realize as well. Even Andrew who came in had turned and went out almost immediately. Everyone giving us privacy. Well as much privacy as we can get.