12

It was a bad day for me. Not only did I need to have my ear buds in due to the major headache I had woken up with.

Today I had planned on asking if there was any way that I can help with anything instead of doing nothing. But that would take me leaving my room today. In order to do that this headache would have to go away and well, it wasn't anytime soon.

With tylenol and a shower I laid with the blankets curled tightly around me and huddled in like a cocoon. Even the curtains were drawn to where little like came in as possible.

I got these days a lot. I didn't think it was normal for a human like myself to handle such high hearing. Though I needed ear plugs less and less lately it still didn't stop the headaches.

"Sarah are you alright?"

The knock at the door had me groaning as it shot a pulse through my head.

"Yes Grace I'm fine"

Or will be tomorrow.

"Ok, dinner will be done shortly. Are you sure you're ok?"

The motherly tone she used was something foreign to me. There was something caring about it and I didn't know how to react.

So I have been huddled up all day then? I hadnt realized. Looking at the clock on the end table beside my bed it read 4:30pm in bold white letters.

I didn't even realize.

"Sarah I'm coming in"

It wasnt grace but Patrick. Who of which I have been avoiding all week. Or almost all week.

"Go away"

" I'm sorry Red but I cant do that. You've been in here all day. Somethings wrong"

I didn't miss the concern in his voice but the pounding of his heart beat and noise coming from the door that was left cracked open wasn't helping.

I didn't understand why they cared. No one ever did when I was like this. Not even when I was sick so why now?

"Please tell me. I want to help. You can trust me"

I had planned on telling them eventually. I knew I'd have to. Especially when or if they tell me what they were and somehow I believed him. I'll still be avoiding him until I get these feelings towards him figured out.

"My head hurts.... the noise. It's to much today"

" Noise? What noise?"

He was probably assuming loud music or something but hes about to figure it out. I just they wont kick me out or worse. Do what those hunters did.

"All of it. I can hear all of it.... everyone down stairs... to the bird nest above my window"

And this was where I hesitated... then I told him the final one.

"To hearing your heart in your chest"

He was quiet. Didn't say anything but looked down at me as if he was wanting it to be a joke. He was going to be dissapointed.

"Sarah thats-"

"I'm a freak. I'll understand if... if you decide to-"

"No. No your not. Dont say that its just... Sarah this isn't normal for a human"

And that was what made me a freak.

"I know. I've dealt with that known fact since I was sixteen"

And the consequences.

"Its doesn't change anything. But maybe I can help "

I wasn't expecting that. I was expecting more questions about it but he didn't ask. No, instead he went into my bathroom and soon the water began to run. Before he came back out. Kneeling down by the bed until he was infront of me, gently wiping the red locks from my face.

" This will help. Ok. Do you trust me?"

"Y-yes"

I let him pick me up. The loud flow of the water doing little for my head. But his smell relaxed the anxiety of what he was about to do. Then I wondered if he was going to drown me.

"The water will muffle a lot of the sound. Ok. I'm going to sit you in the tub and submerge you enough to where it's only your ears ok"

He was being extremely calm about this. Even when he slowly submerged me into the warm water and laid me back to where the water didn't go past covering my ears.

All the noise and sounds drowned away until it was just me under the water and just like that. It was better. So much better.

What I didnt expect was him sitting with me until the water went cold and I had began shivering and what normally took longer for my headache to dissipate only took a few minutes. I didn't know why I didn't think of this.

He helped me out of the tub when I couldn't stop shaking. Not even seeming to mind that I was getting him wet as he.draped a towel around me. His face serious and a glint in his eyes.

"Better?"

" Yes, thank you"

" maybe we can talk? I need to tell you something. That is if your up to it"

I didn't trust myself to say anything. So instead I simply nodded.

And that's how we ended up outside. After I had dried and changed of course with a fire infront of us.

"So things aren't exactly how we explained them. As you witnessed with Ferrah I'm sure there might have been some questions you have. So I'll start by saying that Nightshade isnt actually considered a town. It's a territory. My territory, my pack and I'm the Alpha that leads it and those things that attacked you were vampires and we have been at war with them since I was eight years old"

"I know"

"And as confusing as-Wait you know?"

He didnt know how to react. That was for sure. So I told him everything, well not everything but most of it and now I was waiting for him to look at me like others do. He being a wolf or not.

"Wow... that's... and since you were sixteen?"

"Yeah, they started two months before I turned sixteen and was due to go to this foster home. I'm. Not ready to talk about that just yet"

"So if you knew what we were why not tell us?"

"Same reason you just told me now. I wasn't ready. I... Ferrah was right when she said I was anxiety fill amd distant. People... I get uncomfortable, things happened to me and as long ago as it was... I still havent healed I-"

"Ferrah was being a bully. Your more than you realize. I can't tell you enough how relieved I am that you know. Maybe you will stop avoiding me now? Or why you were"

No I wasn't going to tell him why. Though I had planned on avoiding him but maybe I can sort these feelings out in stride with out avoiding him.

"Not today"

I then found myself smiling at him. Relaxed and comfortable.It helped that I felt a lot lighter knowing he knew and that he wasn't going to used me as some Ginny pig test subject.