32:Patrick

She was happier this morning. All tension and news from yesterday seemed to be gone, why?

Because the kids surrounding her.

Shes come a long way from her first day in Nightshade, always uncomfortable, shy or nervous. Her stuttering always gave her away. No matter how cute it was when she did it.

But now you would think shes a completely different person.

"And Spin around!"

They were playing Simon says. I watched happily as she spread her arms out and began to spin with the children.

They had came up to her not long after we came out and wanted to play, I was expecting her be nervous and hesitant but she didn't miss a beat.

She needed it. Something to keep her mind off of everything. This was good for her.

I had to fight every urge I had to go and kiss her. To feel her skin under my hand once more. We wanted the same thing, except we couldn't here in Moone. The change would be to much for her in a strange place and I didn't think she'd survive it if it was somewhere she wasn't used to. Because I would mark her, I wanted to mark her. Just not here.

"You're Mate is good with them"

Elizabeth walked beside me watching the children laugh and fall over laughing from the dizziness.

"Yeah she is, have you and Titus thought about having any?"

Elizabeth was Titus's mate and Luna of the Moone pack. We had met briefly before never really having a chance to converse.

" we've tried. Its just not meant to be yet. Besides sometimes I think he's child enough for the both of us"

"I know the feeling"

I looked to where Andrew joined into the game making the kids erupt in giggles as they were now jumping up and down. He was a child as well in his own way. But knew when to be serious.

He gestured for Mitch to join the game but per usual he shook his head and stood back with a resting scowl that kept anyone from approaching him. Well anyone who wasn't Andrew. He was always different around him. More talkative and more expressive.

"Ok, now pat your head and rub your tummies"

Beside me Elizabeth laughed as all the kids tried to copy Red. Who was patting her head and rubbing her stomach at the same time.

The game went on a few more minutes before the kids were called back to their parents which caused a lot of 'awes' in protest but still listened.

"So tell me about this vampire problem on your end. Titus thinks they're getting more and more out of control"

We began walking then, looking over my shoulder to see Sarah talking to Andrew and Mitch standing close by. She was safe with them.

" we're looking for their queen or their king if there is one. And if we can't find them then whoever is controlling them. Someone or something has to. They've been attacking packs all throughout the western states. Some more than once. Even the town's near by have them lurking.
That's how I found Sarah actually, they attacked her and I heard her scream. Felt it. Something isn't right with them. I'm going tomorrow with a few to see if we can find anything"

"We can lend you some wolves as well, all of us need to come together or we're just going to continue coming up empty"

There was more to my trip than I wanted to tell Sarah. Not want to give her hopes up as I was hoping to find Alexander on our hunt. He was alive, something told me he was and him missing was for a reason.

I stopped then, something in the air shifted. Looking around I followed it. It was fear, I recognized it. Only...

"Red?"

I didn't see her. But I knew this fear was hers. I felt it. Andrew and Mitch were nowhere to be seen either. Instantly I began to panic.

"Whats-"

"I don't see her, Sarah. Shes... somethings wrong"

I knew I didn't have to worry when I left her with Mitch and Andrew just a few feet away. She was safe but then why weren't they there

"She's probably inside"

"No, you don't understand. Something is scaring her"

I felt it. I smelled her and then I heard her.

"y-youre Hurting-"

I instantly began moving. Someone was hurting her.