18: Patrick

I stopped outside the house as I listened to their laughter and watched amusingly as Rebecca tried her best in chasing Andrew around with a spatula covered in flour.

"Its not Christmas yet and already getting into the spirit"

He really wanted a death wish. But that's not what I was looking at.

It was her.

Her smile was careless as flour lightly coated her face and hair. Those eyes of hers bright with laughter as Rebecca caught up to Andrew and began smacking him with the spatula.

Her laughter was something else. I haven't heard her laugh like that.

I knew she was going through some things. How she acted told me so and me telling her she was my mate the whole time since she's been here these past few months didn't help.

But through the glass she was smiling and laughing with those bright eyes and I couldn't look away.

I knew I had work to do. Papers to fill meetings to settle. It was my job as Alpha but. I really couldn't stop watching her be this way.

"You're falling in love with her aren't you?"

Shane spoke from beside me as he watched his pregnant mate beat up her best friend with a grin. He was enjoying this.

But without looking from my Little Red. I knew one thing.

"I already did"

But now I had tear my gaze away from the glass before they noticed us there and went around the front as to not disturb them.

No, I wouldn't interrupt them. Not when she was enjoying herself.

And I left my office door open just a crack. Hoping shed laugh like that more often and would make the best birthday if I could spend it with her.

*********************************

Hey guys! Been awhile since I said anything. So Hi! And with Christmas being close I wanted to wish you all a very Happy Holiday as the holiday quickly approaches. Besides who doesn't like Christmas?

Anyway. I hope you're enjoying the story so far and I want to thank you again for reading. It really means a lot.

So tell me what you think of you'd like to and I hope you enjoy the rest.

Again, Happy Holidays and thank you for reading  "Little Red"

More chapters to come

Enjoy 😄